New Chicks! PICS!!

Good luck little babies! The ones that make it are going to be little ninja chicks!!! I love the Mama and baby pics!
love.gif

Thanks, Josie! I did not have any trouble at all! They accepted her like any other. They probably thought I'd get rid of them too if they didnt!
lau.gif

Thanks, Sweetshop! Of course I was going to post pics, I post pics of everything!
tongue.png

Thanks, Lynn! I sure hope they do, the dogs might get past mama one day! I hope they are all there tomorrow, I really dont want to have to pen them up.
fl.gif

I don't know if I'm jumping in on the right topic so please forgive if I'm doing this wrong. I'm new at this. One of my hens hatched at least one chick yesterday, I know because I can hear it but it's hidden from sight. It was exactly 3 weeks after she got broody. I don't know if there's something I'm supposed to be doing. She had 9 eggs under her but they were laid at different times, all within a 7 day period, so the last ones should hatch at the latest March 4 (if they're fertile). Should I be trying to get the chick(s) some food? How long will Mama sit there trying to hatch the others?

Quote:
Hey Jane,

Most people will start a new topic, and you would get more hits on it. But, I'll try to help you out. Odds are, the eggs that arent going to hatch til the 4th will be abandoned. What you did isnt the best idea, because after a couple of days, she will take the already hatched chicks out to learn how to eat and stuff. If she doesnt, the ones that have hatched will die. One way you can have her hatch all of the eggs is to take the babies that have hatched away from her. After the rest hatched, you can try putting the first hatched back in with her, but it might not work. If you do that, try to slip them under her at night. You should have food and water available in the pen for them. Good Luck! Again, if you to to the top right, there will be a button to start a new topic. Click on that and type out your question and there are lots of people who can help you! Dont click the Post Reply button, that will just bring you to reply to this message. Go to the main Raising Baby Chicks page and it will say Post New Topic. Use that button.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom