new chicks today!

That other guy

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2015
Missouri
Going to be picking up 20 of my chicks today!!! So excited to see the little guys :). A little worried I'm going to mess up but I have a PHD in winging it.
15 Delaware and 5 black Australorp. I'll post pics when I get them in the brooder!

added a second feeder to reduce them all nipping themselves around the first one

The black australorp in the center is being dubbed Sonar or maybe Beacon because of how loud her/his chirp is xD

This guy/gal gave me the stink eye XD

Awww they are so cute!
love.gif

Got two extra chicks from Cackle Hatchery. One Delaware and one Black Australorp, all are doing great so far, some are sleeping under the heat lamp, others are eating up a storm and watering themselves, one so far as explored the whole box. And yes Nike, they are super cute :).

I left for like 3 seconds, and sonar sounded off that I had left to go get the second feeder and stopped when I showed back up. I can hear her/him now actually that I'm typing this.

Headed into the first night, temp is around 99 degrees, 3/4 are sleeping under the lamp, the others are roaming and eating. Do they normally all sleep under the heat lamp or is that an indication that the area might be too cold? or what....?

and apparently a camel cricket trying to get into the brooder set Sonar off XD, he/she sounded the alarm while the rest of the chicks were all under the heat lamp sleeping.

Back
Top Bottom