New Chicks

Mama KK

Chirping
Oct 22, 2022
I lost my three new babies last night. I’m assuming a snake got into the brooder. We had them in the garage and had just moved them to the outside pen (still in the brooder with heat lamp) but so they would have fresh air and wouldn't get overly hot. My heart is broken.

I usually get my chicks from Steinhauser but am open to other locations. Where’s another good place as I’ve not heard good things about Tractor Supply

Attachments

• DCD2B779-AB54-4D95-950E-BF8E44E1D898.jpeg
    DCD2B779-AB54-4D95-950E-BF8E44E1D898.jpeg
    297.1 KB · Views: 91
I lost my three new babies last night. I’m assuming a snake got into the brooder. We had them in the garage and had just moved them to the outside pen (still in the brooder with heat lamp) but so they would have fresh air and wouldn't get overly hot. My heart is broken.

I usually get my chicks from Steinhauser but am open to other locations. Where’s another good place as I’ve not heard good things about Tractor Supply
Very sad indeed. We just became first timers 2 weeks ago and have had great support from Tractor Supply in NH. All 25 came from town-line hatchery . Great mixes. 4 had a little travel stress due to usps postal delays but came through health with some eye dropper water feeding with sugar and electrolytes.

Oh dear, I'm so sorry for your loss. Have you checked around locally on Facebook? We managed to find a local supplier that we're over the moon with. I love the idea of supporting humans over companies.

Back
Top Bottom