New chiclen coop pics 2moro!

DelawareChickin

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 2, 2012
I just got done with the new chicken coop this weekend with help from my brother in law. Its a 6x12 coop with 4' sections. I still need to get the tin and some stain for it but after that it will be nice. I bought everything so that each section has its own light and that the ends have a fan that circulates air in the summer. I will put the pics up 2moro. One last thing to get now.....some black jersey Giants!!!

Sorry guys a little late but heres a vid of my new chicken coop i just gotta put the lights in now and tin for the roof. Overall I think were all happy :) improvements overtime but ran out of money! lol

Are you planing on enclosing the front or putting some kind of plastic up for the winter?
I would also be concerned with just chicken wire that will not stop most Predators.
Its a nice start. I am also not sure where you live so the winter part may not be a concern for you.

I live in delaware so winters could be sunny and nice or a blizzard lol were on a pennisula but during the winter i will use a tarp at night time and they will all have heat lamps in their sections. I really dont deal with predators why idk but the guy behind me has horses and i think hes done killed every predator around lol except birds :( have had two ripped to pieces by a hawk :(

Cute chicks!
smile.png

I too am worried about using only chicken wire instead of 1/2' hardware cloth fastened with screws and washers (some staples can be worked out by a determined raccoon). There will always be predators (coyotes, raccoons, etc.) that will come and fill the territory left behind the one that was killed. Raccoons live everywhere and are very clever as well as dexterous enough to can get through chicken wire. Stray or loose dogs can breach chicken wire too.
barnie.gif

One a good note, lots of ventilation like you have is great as long as they aren't in a direct draft.

Back
Top Bottom