New Coop ***#2 this Month!*** ALL DONE pics Pg 3

Have you guys checked out the prices of small coops online.
ep.gif
It's horrible. They are asking 2,000 or more. Lumber is outrageous. I know. All the work we have done on the inside of my minibarn and run has cost us about $300. We did get a 10 x 12 minibarn for $800...which we use some for storage. That was a steal because the shop kids built it at school for a project. That same barn was 1,600 or more anywhere else.

Last edited:
Quote:
And rightfully so! He's doing and outstanding job and it's great that he found something he can earn a little extra $ doing!
smile.png

It's a shame I am recovering from my surgery still. I'm sure he and I could probably do very well working together building coops and tractors. I used to be a contractor before my body gave out on me.

If he needs anyone to design them on cad for him, let me know. I am pretty good at the design part. I used to do all of the designs and blueprints for my houses and remodels that I did.

Let him know that he is doing a fine job and hopefully he can keep the orders coming until he can find another job again. What field of work is he looking for?

Last edited:
Thank you...

He's always worked construction. From framing to finishing details. His whole family is contractors... and sadly they are all going under and my husband was laid off along with his dad, and cousin. His uncle barely has 3 people working for him now to just finish up some parade homes in Wake county and this its over. No more business unless some how they can get themselves a loan to start the next phase of building. Which I doubt in this economy.

So far I've been doing the lay outs for plans for him in Photoshop CS. I went to college for digital design, but never got to use CAD. It was on my list of things to learn. Hopefully when I get to go back and get my bachleors degree in Interior design I'll get my hands on the program then.
big_smile.png

Thanks for your concern.

Quote:
I agree with you 1500%, Myself is a contractor in excavating (Dirt moving) and Landscaping, and the business is really really slow, infact I had so much free time last month to sit next to the chicken coop and tell which hen is laying and witch egg belongs to each hen.
Since all this Mortgage crises started most of th builders I used to work for are stopped building or out of business for good.
I know the feeling,and winter is on the doors, so let us pray for God for a better future for everyone.
Omran

Back
Top Bottom