New coop ... Added CHICKENS! Conversion PICS on pgs 2, 4, 5, 7 & 9

Here's an update of today's work. We got all of the roosts installed and the nest boxes ready. 2 of the coops have some old fruit crates for nest boxes and we made the other 2 out of buckets.

100_5783.jpg

100_5782.jpg

100_5781.jpg

100_5780.jpg

We also picked up the cable for the little chicken doors, so they can be opened without going inside the run. And got the top flight netting ready to be installed after we seed the yards. I'm hoping to move chickens in this weekend!
wee.gif

Jody

Thanks! I love the room too. It will be nice to have more space to organize everyone better. We have never tried the bucket nests before, but I was short of ideas and didn't want to spend more money so it seemed like an easy solution. I hope the chickens fit in them. lol I can't wait to put the chickens in. I'm sure if the weather holds out we can move them this weekend and since they'll have to be in there a week or so to get adjusted, we can still finish up their outside run.

Jody

Quote:
Jody? WHAT are you seeding the yards with, and how long does it last? I'd give almost anything to find something that would survive inside the chicken run!

Thanks,
Kathy

Hi Kathy, I'm not sure what kind of seed Charlie is using. It grows fast and we like to reseed our yards every so often to add foundation to the soil and give them something to pick at while they're stuck in there. I know it won't last long, but it will hold them over for a little while. For our flight pens for the turkeys/pheasants we rotate them into new pens to reseed. Once it grows in nice, they get back on it and by that time, they usually have the pen they're in picked down to nothing.

It is becoming intolerable working on this pen. It rains almost every day. I watched the weather at 7am this morning and they said we have a nice "High" and "sunshine" holding the rain back from us today. Yeah, rght! It is raining, raining, raining! I am so sick of rain and these incompetent weather people who can't tell the difference between the sun and the clouds.
th.gif
barnie.gif

Jody

Wow Jody,

amazing coops! The birds look like prospective home-buyers checking them out... "we'll put the hot tub here... "

Last edited:
I think you said ur coop is 12x 24 but how many and what side are ur in side pens again , and how many chickens per pen

Thanks
Al

Back
Top Bottom