New coop ... Added CHICKENS! Conversion PICS on pgs 2, 4, 5, 7 & 9

Jody,
That's really nice. Congrats! I'm sure you are going to put that to good use. I bet the chickens are packing their bags to move in!
tongue.png
big_smile.png

Wow! That's some chicken coop... I would love that coop. I'm so happy for you... you must be ecstatic!

Have fun doing the final touches and then adding chickens!

That is so cool!!! I am IN LOVE with your property!!!! Oh, how I wish I lived on property like that. Gorgeous!!!!!

I can't wait to see your conversions!!

You like her coops you should see the runs to go with. Very nice who gets the new place to sleep?

ML

Thanks everybody. I am in awe of this coop and so excited to get started with the conversion. I told Charlie how nice it is that it came today, because it gives him the rest of the weekend to work on it. He just rolls his eyes at me. LOL

ML - thanks for your nice comments. Charlie has done a wonderful job keeping our chooks in nice coops and runs. I figured it was time to give him a bit of a break on this one and leave some construction to someone else.

This coop is for my araucana groups. Planning 4 pens inside - 2 white, 1 blue, and 1 bbr/duckwing crew (wildly looking babies). This is hopefully temporary until the other pens are organized better. They are going to be used for all of the lavender breeding pens over fall/winter. I'll have 5 coops dedicated to the lavenders and then my buff orp coop, of course. Oh, and I can't forget my bantam black orp project and the porcelain pyncheons. Gosh, that's a lot going on...no wonder we needed this thing.

Jody

That is a real workshop/doghouse for me, I tell you what it is just fantastic,wish you the best luck and happiness.
Omran & Angela.

I didn't get pics of the delivery and drop off..I thought about that afterwards and wish I would have. It was pretty neat. It came with a 4X4 pickup Dodge Ram 3500 (I think) and a special trailer. The truck and trailer are lined up and drove onto the prepped spot. Then everything is basically done with the trailer, as far as moving it around to position it and roll it off onto the ground.

We started work on the interior separator walls today. I will post pics as we make progress on the conversion.

Jody

I love the forest of coops you have in the background. How many are there back there -- five? That is the coolest!
smile.png

I can't wait to see the finished "super coop."

Back
Top Bottom