New Coop Advice

I am pretty sure they were 20' ones. Hubby used the tow truck to get them. He works as a tow truck driver so that was super handy. They hung off the flat bed a bit. Could be they are 16' but the fence to the left of the coop has 8' sections and the one we did not use takes up more then 2 sections as it is leaned up there. :confused:

Ok I went and measured the one that is leaned up. It is 16' x 50". Like I said above hubby went to get them. I sent him for "cattle panels". He would have brought me what would work and these did quite nicely.

Last edited:
Good information. Are you certain these are 20 feet? They might have those in Texas........everything is bigger in Texas.......but around here, the standard length is 16 feet. BTW, I semi screwed up. When hauling 16 footers in a standard 8' pickup bed, they do not have to hang out. They can be arched and bent to fit inside the tailgate. They will look just like the finished hoop. WARNING! DANGER! DANGER! If you haul them like that, be extra special careful when you get them home. When you drop the tailgate to let them out, if they are wedged in like that they will explode out of that truck in your face and take your head off. That is why I haul mine flat and let them hang out.

But again, knowing the base is 8' wide, a builder can then take whatever size panels they find and group them together. It could be 2 or even 3 or 4 if the ground is flat enough.
I did six 50" x 16' so I ended up with a coop about 24' long and 8' wide... it's divided in 2 so the chickens have some where to get away from the turkeys...built it around a prefab coop I got for$25, it was falling apart and they bought it 9 months earlier for $500 LOL.. good huddle box in the winter though, they use the nest boxes on one side... the other side nest boxes self destructed before I got it.

Back
Top Bottom