new coop begun-two years later and we're still working on it

Henrietta23

Songster
12 Years
Oct 20, 2007
Eastern CT
We laid out the floor supports this morning, just to see how things will fit. One tree had to come down. Nothing is attached yet and will need to be leveled etc. but you can see the basic shape. It is much bigger than I expected (bwahaha, more chickens for me!!!
lol.png
). We start putting things together tomorrow. It is a green house kit that can be modified to have plywood sides. I'm so excited!! I need to get the roosters out of my basement!
tongue.png

Last edited:
Thanks! Here it is with the floor laid out but not attached.
They're working on that right now. If I did my calculations right there will be just under 100 square feet of floor space, much more than we need, oh darn! Dh had this kit that his school got for free 20 years ago from the state gov't. It was some surplus thing. The school used one to build a greenhouse and the others have just been sitting there. We gathered up a bunch of old 2x6s that a friend had and cut them to fit, got doors and windows from Freecycle and the dump. We spent about $80 on plywood today and will spend a bit more for that for the sides and roof. We're scrounging everything we can!

Last edited:
Love your coop! What a neat design! Look forward to seeing it when it is done!

Last edited:
Started the framing this evening. Trying to get us much done as we can before the rain comes this weekend (Saturday night I think. We discovered our great door from the dump isn't going to work. Oh well, it can replace the one on the garden shed.

Last edited:
Quote:
Here is a picture from the plans:
coopplans2.jpg
and here is a picture of how it would look as a greenhouse. He has extra hardware kits.
coopplans.jpg

Back
Top Bottom