New coop build

20230523_114325.jpg
anyone else miss there babies on their first day in the coop 😢

Sorry its been so long but I've been super busy. Had to build and paint the duck coop, stain and seal the porch, working in the garden, and painting the concrete floor on the front porch and a few other things. But today I got the holes dug and the post set just need to let the concrete harden. Tomorrow gonna start putting the wire up and if time permits build the gate and start framing up the roof. The run is 12x36 do you think that's big enuff? I've got 9 chicks at the moment but 6 more coming in July. I want them to have plenty of room to roam around
20230612_170732.jpg

Sorry its been so long but I've been super busy. Had to build and paint the duck coop, stain and seal the porch, working in the garden, and painting the concrete floor on the front porch and a few other things. But today I got the holes dug and the post set just need to let the concrete harden. Tomorrow gonna start putting the wire up and if time permits build the gate and start framing up the roof. The run is 12x36 do you think that's big enuff? I've got 9 chicks at the moment but 6 more coming in July. I want them to have plenty of room to roam aroundView attachment 3539349
Nice! I think that size is big enough for that amount of hens.

I never found a single answer. It varied from person to person
This is true, but I find this on BYC more than anything....
3 chickens need at least:
  • 12 square feet in the coop,
    • 30 square feet in the run,
    • 3 linear feet of roost,
    • 1 nest (or 2 to give them a choice),
    • And 3 square feet of permanent, 24/7/365 ventilation, best located over the birds' heads when they're sitting on the roost.

Back
Top Bottom