1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New coop in Lake Helen, FL

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bassetgal15, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Bassetgal15

Bassetgal15 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2016
    Lake Helen, FL
    Hello. I am new to chickens and still working on the coop. Here are some pictures of we have going on:)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Nice pic, do you have your birds yet? What breed/s? Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

4. Bassetgal15

Feb 25, 2016
    Lake Helen, FL
    Hello,
    We are not quite done with the coop. We are going to add chicken wire all around the "run" to keep diggers out. Also need to get a waterer, food bowl, food and some type of straw for the coop and the run area. When done we will bring the hens. We are getting about four fully grown ladies from a friend who is moving out of state. I have no idea what breed they are but I will add pictures as soon as I get them. I have found a lot of good information on the forum so far and I am enjoying the chickening community already. Not really sure how to operate this blog too good though, but I'm clicking around and trying to find my way around lol. Here is the coop before we put it together....[​IMG]

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    I would use hard ware cloth rather than chicken wire. Chicken wire can easily be got through by predators. It's good for keeping chickens in but not so good for keeping the baddies out!!

The review section has some great feeders and waterer ideas and products, here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/

Looking forward to seeing your pics :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  6. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined us!! Also make sure to check out the learning center, there's lots of information there.

1 person likes this.
  7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Oh my, I think I see grass in the photo but, is that white stuff snow???? Welcome to Backyard chickens.

9. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and a warm welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. I hope your new ladies like their new coop!

all the best
    CT

10. Bassetgal15

Feb 25, 2016
    Lake Helen, FL
    No snow, just my sandy ground. We are in Central Florida but it seems that we are living on a white sugary sand beach. We have no soil just sand underneath our grass [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by