New Coop is Near Completion - several pics UPDATED PICS ADDED

Nice Coop !!!
thumbsup.gif

Looks wonderful! You have incorporated many good ideas! What type of sand/where did you buy and what is under the sand? My chicks are almost 3 weeks and trying to finalize my coop plans but everytime I look here and see a new one, like yours, plans change! My husband said "Just decide already! They're chickens!" He doesnt share my affection quite yet....
I used a beach sand about 3" deep in the run. Bought it from from a local landscape place, I think it was about $35/yard. Oh, and that sand is some heavy stuff, worth the work though. Good luck on convincing your husband just how precious your chickens really are.
smile.png

PorkChop, your coop is adorable! Functional and fashionable! I wish I showed my DH coops like yours before we got ours. It is not a walk-in and the girls are about a week away from moving into it. But, he did a fabulous job with their very secure protected run!

Wow, I absolutely love it! I ended up with a prefab deal for now, with the hope to build my own in the next year or so (everything takes me twice as long) I love seeing other peoples' coops, I get so many ideas. My area that I will house my chickens is a small side yard, so much planning will have to be made well in advanced. I am only allowed 3 hens, so the space should be adequate if it is planned right. Thanks so much for sharing, you really did a fantastic job!

Back
Top Bottom