New coop. Let the fun begin!

Looks great Toothpick! How deep is that area with the poop board? Is it deep enough you can stagger 2 roosts -- one a bit higher and farther back than the other? Also, the framing along top back will get roosted on as well -- seems to be the favorite spot for some of my chickens. Luckily, the poop sweeps right off.
It's roughly 19 inches deep. I don't think that's enough for 2 boards. Depending on which way they roost the poop would land on the floor. There's room to build a second roost. Or I may come up with another idea. I kinda don't want the whole inside roosts and nest boxes. But I suppose it's for the chickens, not me!

As long as I can catch the majority of it I'll be happy. I can easily expand it too if I see that it's not working great.

Today I added more vents. Think that's enough?
The one that is circled is the one that I'm going to expand and use for the door to the run.

IMG_4946.JPG

IMG_4947.JPG

Well that might have to be good enough. I considered a window or two but with the nest boxes and roosts I'm not sure where I'd put it.

What I was thinking is putting a screen door on the inside. So we can open the wood doors during the day yet still keep the chickens in.

I was checking out ridge vents and skylight vents. The skylight vents I like better. Dual purpose.

The run will be built in the coming weeks. Going to do a 10x30.

Just got the chicks this morning and was at TSC yesterday and saw they still have chicks. Will probably pick up a straight run of 6 more.

I got 5 gallons of Black Jack 57 today. Going to do the coop floor in that. And about a foot up the walls. Plus the poop baords. And if I have some left, the nest boxes.

Back
Top Bottom