New coop run - currently yard grass - what should we do ?

They're still babies, about half sized...and once you've been thru a winter, you may be thinking about more space too-even if you get rid of all the boys.
I’m not sure what you mean about “getting rid of all the boys” because we aren’t allowed any roosters here. We have 5 pullets.

It's not rough if you're serious about having healthy happy chooks. I never took any knowledgeable advice as being mean or rough. I've always been happy to get good advice although, DANG, it sure meant more work for me!
I’m sure everyone is trying to be helpful, but sometimes they’re just not listening to the facts. I understand. I appreciate the advice and take it with a grain of salt!

I just remeasured the coop because I left off the nesting boxes on each side the first time. It has four nesting boxes. Measures 50” tall by 210” wide ( coop ).

Your coop barely handles 3. The run only handles 2. I know you came here for advice from experienced members. I had to rethink my flocks areas once I came here. So glad I did. Please consider the advice of the experts here. Just start building onto your coop. If you are free ranging you might be good just starting there.
Just went out and measured 4.19 feet high, 17.5 feet long.

Back
Top Bottom