New coop

Heluhelu

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Right now we have 6 hens and 2 roosters living in two tractors. The tractors work well, but I would like the chickens to have more room- so we are building a coop.

Look on my BYC page to check out the coop in progress. So far we have used mostly recycled materials. We did have to buy the paint, hardware, and roofing. We still have to do doors, ramps, floor, and roosts. We also need to figure out how in the world we are going to do the yard. Any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
That's neat, with the two doors and yards.

I did wonder about the pallets open on the inside. Could a chicken become wedged between the slats? Or were you going to cover the inside walls?

Chicken coops always have two doors. If they had four doors they would be sedans!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thank you for making me laugh. I'm laying here in bed, sick, feeling crappy and you made me laugh. Thanks! I really needed that!

I donʻt know about covering the walls, it doesnʻt look like any of my chickens are small enough to fit in there and get stuck.

I've had a couple get stuck in the pallets around a compost bed, when they were trying to get away from a rooster. They were way too big to go through, but tried anyway!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom