New Diet

herfrds

Songster
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Montana
For years I have had trouble with my weight. Tried numerous diets. Been bugged by my family to go under the knife for gastric bypass or lapband.

The weird part is I am active. Can throw around 50# bags of feed like nothing and doing packing tests with my son with one on each shoulder. See who can pack the most the fastest.

A good friend of mine was on the Atkins diet with me. My trouble was I felt like I was in a fog. Had trouble concentrating or thinking clearly. Fell off the wagon on that one.
Not having that trouble with this one.

Well my friend tried a new diet and lost 86 pounds and has been keeping it off.
So I started on Wednesday. According to my bathroom scale (I doubt it is all that accurate.) I have lost 5 pounds in 2 days.
The cravings are driving me crazy, but so far so good. Friend talked me through them.
My goal is to lose 100 pounds.
It is the ideal protein diet.

Just this morning walking down to the barn I did not feel that winded.

clap.gif
Congrats! Best of luck in your endeavor.

Great job, but be careful:

As a biologist, 1 pound loss a seven day week is ideal, more then that for an extended period (more then two seven day weeks or 14 days) is bad for organs.

(I'll find the links to the articles in the journals if you have your own passwords to view them, they are subscription only and it will take me a couple hours to find them as the internal searches are horrible.)

Looking at it it looks very much like an alternate to the "South Beach diet" but is clinic prescribed?

Here is an un-peer-reviewed article that you must take with a grain of salt (or salt substitute.
wink.png
)

http://healthinmotion.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/the-hidden-dangers-of-the-ideal-protein-diet/

http://www.dietspotlight.com/ideal-protein-review/

Let us know all about in my DH and I are having trouble with an exercise routine at the moment, do they have a routine for you too?

congratz!! i hope you can get to your ideal weight! im also trying to loose weight with a new drug im on i went from 115 up to 150 within 2 months
ep.gif

and still gaining even though im walking 2 to 4 hours a day and eating an all natural healhty diet
sad.png
very discouraging

Good luck!

I've been trying to add more protein to my diet and I've been eating a lot of salads with chicken or beans on top. I've also been going to the gym and doing at least 30 minutes of active cardio (on one of those standing bikes or the treadmill). I'm trying to work up to doing a whole hour, but I just started this week so it will probably take a little while! I'm really hoping I can stick with it this time because I would love to lose 100 pounds as well, but it is very difficult especially being a juvenile diabetic and having to take insulin all the time. Insulin does not help weight loss at ALL!

FT it is a doctor supervised diet. I got the go ahead from my own Dr. that same day.
The salt I now use is natural sea salt.
There is no excercise routine with it. We are not to excercise for the first 2 weeks as our bodies get adjusted to the diet.
Being a farmer rancher there is no such thing as no excercise.

Well almost a week has passed and I have lost 13 pounds.

It is difficult going into my pantry and fight off the craving of grabbing that bag of crackers to munch on or shopping and ignoring all the little goodies I cannot have yet. I did not really have the munchies yesterday. Having them a bit today but not as bad as the first day.
My pants are not as tight.
We ate out last night and I did pretty well with it. Told myself that this is a life style change and get used to it.

Picked up some frozen fish last night. I'm going down the Missouri River with the 7th graders again. I'm going to cook up the fish, broil them, put them in single serving bags and freeze them for my meals on the river.
My friend was a big help getting my schedule set up.
breakfast is at 8am, lunch at noon, dinner at 4pm and snack at 8pm.

I need to stop by the center tomorrow and pick up some more chocolate drink mix. The butterscotch pudding I got is terrible so going to stick with what I like. Going to get the omelet one too so I can eat like the rest on the trip.

Congrats on the weight loss! I have to get myself back on track now that the kids are back in school.

Last summer I start walking every afternoon for about 12 mintues, then I got up to 60 minutes everyday; the result was great! I naturaly drink lots of water everyday, but it's very inportant when you are walking etc to drink water before you start walking, and lots of water after. I also try not to eat anything after 6:00 PM, that way you body has time to break down your food and when you go to bed you body can heal things etc instead of trying to digest your food. Instead of going to bed with a full stomach you go to bed with an empty stomach and you sleep much better...trust me on this. In the mornings I take a little bit of ACV, then I go do my feeding and then I eat a bowl of yogurt. That is my breakfast. Some mornings I will have organic raisin toast, but mostly yogurt. I also try and eat some granola at least once a day. I try not to eat any snacks in between meals, but if I do I try and have popcorn, or something high in protien..instead of eating cookies, chips, etc.

For lunch I try and eat just a little bit of water ever we're having. Sometimes if we're having something very fatty and "unhealthy" I will scrambled some eggs or something very healthy. I also try and eat some fruit every day. When I would gag if I smelled, or even smelled fruit and I would throw up. I just couldn't handle it..due to my not liking fruit that has caused some major problems for me. Now that I'm older I can stand the smell of fruit better and I can eat grapes, apples, raisins, cran berries, cherries, and a few other fruits. I still have trouble stomaching fruits such as strawberrys, blue berries and other fruits.

Anway, just wanted to share my story with you. I'm rooting for ya girly!!
hugs.gif

~Aspen

Back
Top Bottom