New duck mommy needing help.

Wrinklewranch

Hatching
Mar 4, 2018
I impulsively bought 2 baby ducks yesterday (3/3/18) I have no idea of their age, sex (which i know cant be determined for awhile) or species. They are both solid brown, brown beaks and feet. Very tiny. They are eating and drinking well. I have them in a box with a towel, bowl of water and bowl of food, and a heat lamp. They seem to be doing fine, i was just wondering if there is anything else i need to do for them.
P.s. i bought them at tractor supply and got the 10lb bag of starter feed for them. Thanks in advance for any and all info and help with these lil guys.

Congratulations, I would check out the duck forums. They will be able to help you a bit more. Sounds like you have everything covered. Be prepared for constant brooder cleanings, ducks are messy.

Congratulations, I would check out the duck forums. They will be able to help you a bit more. Sounds like you have everything covered. Be prepared for constant brooder cleanings, ducks are messy.
Thank you! Im enjoying them. As far as i can tell they are doing fine. Ive noticed growth in the few days ive had them. They really enjoy the bath. I run some luke warm water in the tub. They go nuts lol ive got them in a bigger rubbermaid tub (easy to clean) I look forward to watching them grow.

Back
Top Bottom