New ducklings!

They sound very well loved...
smile.png

wink.png

Hello! Sorry it's been so very long since I last posted on here (Well, actually four days)
wink.png
. I've been busy.
The ducklings are growing like weeds! So here's an update on how they're doing:

They learned to come to their names! If we call out "Ellie! Luna!" then they both come running, in search of grapes. Luna still peeps very loudly when we leave. They both like light petting, which Ellie likes more than Luna. But Luna likes being picked up more than Ellie. Ellie freaks out if we pick her up to take her away from Luna, even just for ten seconds
roll.png
Crazy ducks.
They've also tried corn on the cob. We introduced it to them by giving them kernels scraped from the cob, and then put half an ear in their brooder... By the morning, it was gone! Lol they love corn.
They still get grit and brewer's yeast. We've moved their heat lamp up some, because they didn't seem to like the heat and were sprawled in the opposite corner. We're transitioning from paper towels to puppy pee pads, which makes a lot of things easier. And they are still as messy as before!
We let them run around the kitchen when we're at home. They're so curious! They like nibbling on shoelaces and begging for whatever's cooking on the stove
tongue.png

Hello! Sorry it's been so very long since I last posted on here (Well, actually four days)
wink.png
. I've been busy.
The ducklings are growing like weeds! So here's an update on how they're doing:

They learned to come to their names! If we call out "Ellie! Luna!" then they both come running, in search of grapes. Luna still peeps very loudly when we leave. They both like light petting, which Ellie likes more than Luna. But Luna likes being picked up more than Ellie. Ellie freaks out if we pick her up to take her away from Luna, even just for ten seconds
roll.png
Crazy ducks.
They've also tried corn on the cob. We introduced it to them by giving them kernels scraped from the cob, and then put half an ear in their brooder... By the morning, it was gone! Lol they love corn.
They still get grit and brewer's yeast. We've moved their heat lamp up some, because they didn't seem to like the heat and were sprawled in the opposite corner. We're transitioning from paper towels to puppy pee pads, which makes a lot of things easier. And they are still as messy as before!
We let them run around the kitchen when we're at home. They're so curious! They like nibbling on shoelaces and begging for whatever's cooking on the stove
tongue.png
They sound adorable. You need a new camera.
smile.png

They’re almost three weeks old! Ellie has brown and white patterns underneath the fluff on her back and her chest is starting to look less yellow :) They are both starting to look more like ducks!
We went outside today, and they dabbled around. They also came when I called, which was nice. If I started walking and calling them, they would follow me, which will be really useful later (Instead of herding them, they can follow us). They both really love dandelions ;) They also are really alert. They look up at the sky when sparrows pass, or airplanes. They catch a lot of the things in the sky quicker than me! I think they’ll spot hawks faster than me too, so I spend a lot of time watching them - if they tilt their heads up, then I take them seriously.
Neither of them really like being held, but both will stand still for petting. They love to play with my hands and hair, and they hate being alone. Luna still cries like an alarm clock. I believe Ellie has joined the dark side, because she has started peeping as well. Little beepers :p
We’ve upgraded their food and water containers to hold more. It’s worked well so far, but we’ll see.
Oh, and their poop has gotten bigger :p

I’m hoping we can avoid the Gingerman stage ;)

They’re almost three weeks old! Ellie has brown and white patterns underneath the fluff on her back and her chest is starting to look less yellow :) They are both starting to look more like ducks!
We went outside today, and they dabbled around. They also came when I called, which was nice. If I started walking and calling them, they would follow me, which will be really useful later (Instead of herding them, they can follow us). They both really love dandelions ;) They also are really alert. They look up at the sky when sparrows pass, or airplanes. They catch a lot of the things in the sky quicker than me! I think they’ll spot hawks faster than me too, so I spend a lot of time watching them - if they tilt their heads up, then I take them seriously.
Neither of them really like being held, but both will stand still for petting. They love to play with my hands and hair, and they hate being alone. Luna still cries like an alarm clock. I believe Ellie has joined the dark side, because she has started peeping as well. Little beepers :p
We’ve upgraded their food and water containers to hold more. It’s worked well so far, but we’ll see.
Oh, and their poop has gotten bigger :p

I’m hoping we can avoid the Gingerman stage ;)

i think it can be easily avoided when this much time is spent . mine are going to be 7 weeks tomorow and thry have not went thry any scaredy cat stages. they are still great. still follow us when they want... and will still sleep on my lap, the only one at a time fits now. so the rest sit as close as they can. they still want to eat my hair too .
1f642.png
1f44d-1f3fc.png

i think it can be easily avoided when this much time is spent . mine are going to be 7 weeks tomorow and thry have not went thry any scaredy cat stages. they are still great. still follow us when they want... and will still sleep on my lap, the only one at a time fits now. so the rest sit as close as they can. they still want to eat my hair too .
1f642.png
1f44d-1f3fc.png

Good to hear! Hope Ellie and Luna will be like that too
wink.png

Hello! Today we go three ducklings from the Post Office: One Welsh Harlequin, one Cayuga, and one Blue Swedish, all girls. I left for school, and during that time, my dad got a phone call! The ducklings were delivered one day late though, and the Blue Swedish didn't make it. My dad did all that he could, and spoon fed her food, water, and GroGel. But she was just so tired, and eventually went to sleep. She never woke up.

The Cayuga and Welsh Harlequin, however, are happy and energetic. They peep and poop and eat and drink. They love to follow the mouse on my computer screen! The Welsh Harlequin seems to be more dominant of the two; she leads the Cayuga around and is bigger. Here are pictures:

All three duckies. The one in the corner, the unnamed Blue Swedish, didn't make it. Rest In Peace.

Those are the ducks! They're currently three days old, as they were hatched on April 3. We're trying to come up with names... Does the yellow one look like an Ellie?
tongue.png
This thread is here to document their growth and progress. Hope you love them as much as I do!
That's al other same breeds I am looking for Where did you find them?

Update! Ellie and Luna are growing soo fast! They can now stand in water that they were swimming in two days before
th.gif
lol
They both still like people, and don't run away unless you make a really sudden movement or a loud noise. They come to my call all the time now, and have discovered a ew treat - raisins! They love grapes, but it gets annoying to cut the grapes all the time. With raisins, they still get the grape flavor, and all I have to do is rip them up
smile.png

Also attempting to teach them to sit in command. Not sure how successful we'll be
wink.png
Luna seems to understand, though.
They both like exploring the kitchen, and if you sit down near them, you will soon be swamped by ducklings who nibble your shoelaces and check for treats
big_smile.png
Gingerman stage avoided... So far...

Back
Top Bottom