New ducklings!

I probably should have explained the string better.. It's attached to a dresser covering, and is a thick ribbon type of thing. I don't think they can somehow unattach it, but I'll move it back, just to be safe
smile.png
Thank you for the advice

Yes, we're working on their outdoor pen. It's already built, so we just need to repair a bit. We've started already, and it's come a long way, but we still don't feel comfortable putting the ducks in it. When the ducks outgrow their brooder, they'll get a spacious pen in the garage until they go outside.

They should be outside soon. Although it's been raining here a lot, and making it hard to do anything!
rant.gif
Your doing a great job hope you soon have a way of sharing them and all you've done with us. Maybe get one of those disposable cameras so we can see Luna and Ellie before they grow up and leave for college. Or get married or something.
tongue.png

Your doing a great job hope you soon have a way of sharing them and all you've done with us. Maybe get one of those disposable cameras so we can see Luna and Ellie before they grow up and leave for college. Or get married or something.
tongue.png

Hopefully!! I'm not sure at this point... My parents are getting kind of fussy
hu.gif
But I hope we can figure something out

Lol... I'll go to college before they ever will
gig.gif

@Miss Lydia - Yeah, weird to think about...

@WalkerNom - Yup, they're doing great! Except now, instead of hearing ear splitting peeps when we leave, we hear quacks that resemble the blowing of an air horn
tongue.png

@chickens really - Thank you!
big_smile.png

Ellie and Luna went outside yesterday! It was a bit drizzly, but nothing they couldn't handle. They would snuffle near me for bugs, and follow me around when I call. They decided to try out their little wings (With new sprigs of blood feathers!!) and ran down the hill full speed, flapping their wings... Eventually they both slid into the dirt but were quacking quite amiably about their fun adventure
lol.png

They love oatmeal!

And I think Luna is definitely the 'dominant' duck. No one is mean to each other, but Ellie follows Luna around, and Luna is the first to get to food. Sometimes they start squabbling and nibbling at each other with their bills
roll.png

I poured out a bucket of rainwater for them, too, so they had a whole mud puddle for about five minutes
lol.png
It's so fun to see them dig little holes.

There's very little yellow left on Ellie anymore! And Luna turns colors in the sun
smile.png

Thank you to everyone who has followed this journey, even without cute pictures
smile.png

So far, they liked:

- Oatmeal
- Grapes
- Wetted Cheerios
- Corn on the cob
- Avocado
- Tomato
- Yam
- Raw Oats
- Dandelions
- Fried Bean mix
- Rice
- Mixed veggies (Peas, carrots, beans, corn)

They're not spoiled... :D

Back
Top Bottom