New ducklings!

I sure wish you could post pictures.....:)

Could you go to Walmart and put all your pictures from your camera onto a disk and then you could take more?......Sure wish we could see them....:)

Glad they are doing so great...

Also I accidentally delete your thread and it took me two days to find it...:(...I forgot what it was called...lol...Sorry...Glad I found you..:).....

Cheers!

Last edited:
I sure wish you could post pictures.....
smile.png

Could you go to Walmart and put all your pictures from your camera onto a disk and then you could take more?......Sure wish we could see them....
smile.png

Also I accidentally delete your thread and it took me two days to find it...
sad.png
...I forgot what it was called...lol...Sorry...Glad I found you..
smile.png

Cheers!

My parents are too busy.. I already asked them to do something like that and they said they didn't have the time... Maybe later? They don't think it's worth it for BYC. They love me and the ducks but they don't get why BYC is such a big deal, you know?

Glad you found us too! Lol just took Luna and Ellie outside! They are doing great and follow me when I call. They aren't afraid at all, not even if I bend down to play with them
smile.png
They only get upset if I put my hands around them, as if to pick them up. Even then, they quickly calm down... Gingerman Stage avoided for now!
They've taken to climbing up on my shoulders too perch... I get a faceful of sweet ducky fluff
wink.png

I sure wish you could post pictures.....:)

Could you go to Walmart and put all your pictures from your camera onto a disk and then you could take more?......Sure wish we could see them....:)

Also I accidentally delete your thread and it took me two days to find it...:( ...I forgot what it was called...lol...Sorry...Glad I found you..:) .....

Cheers!

My parents are too busy.. I already asked them to do something like that and they said they didn't have the time... Maybe later? They don't think it's worth it for BYC. They love me and the ducks but they don't get why BYC is such a big deal, you know?

Glad you found us too! Lol just took Luna and Ellie outside! They are doing great and follow me when I call. They aren't afraid at all, not even if I bend down to play with them :)  They only get upset if I put my hands around them, as if to pick them up. Even then, they quickly calm down... Gingerman Stage avoided for now! 
They've taken to climbing up on my shoulders too perch... I get a faceful of sweet ducky fluff ;)

They sure sound sweet..:)....I am keeping two..:)....Call Ducklings..The one is sold but will stay here with Darla till I can hatch a buddy for her..:)

Last edited:

Glad you found us too! Lol just took Luna and Ellie outside! They are doing great and follow me when I call. They aren't afraid at all, not even if I bend down to play with them
smile.png
They only get upset if I put my hands around them, as if to pick them up. Even then, they quickly calm down... Gingerman Stage avoided for now!
They've taken to climbing up on my shoulders too perch... I get a faceful of sweet ducky fluff
wink.png
Back end or front? lol

Hello! The duckies are almost five weeks old, and still living inside!

They both have developed some new feathers - and a quack! Luna's had hers for a while now, and Ellie is just trying out the new sound. Both of them have feather material on their bellies, but not on their neck or faces :D they look like they're decked in a shiny suit when they stand up! Their wings are much longer now, and Ellie has some stripes on her 'shoulders.' Their bills actually fit their faces now! But they are still friendly :) They like sitting on my lap and pressing the computer buttons

They're now big enough to peer over their brooder. So if I'm holding Ellie while Luna's in the brooder, Luna will be resting the tip of her bill on the top :p

Ellie and Luna have the 'come' command down. They come quacking around the corner if I call out their names :) And they love going outside and dabbling in the grass.

Surprisingly, they still don't have any problem with wagon rides! They actually like the wagon because they get lots of treats in there ;)

I'm also thinking of making them a string toy. Unknown to us, there was a piece of string hanging on the counter above their brooder, and I noticed that Luna loves to jump for it! But it's a little too high for her. Any other suggestions for 'toys' for ducks?

And now that they're almost five weeks old, they looooove to poop. I've been changing the puppy pads in their brooder once a day, might have to start doing that twice :sick

Last edited:
Hello! The duckies are almost five weeks old, and still living inside!

They both have developed some new feathers - and a quack! Luna's had hers for a while now, and Ellie is just trying out the new sound. Both of them have feather material on their bellies, but not on their neck or faces
big_smile.png
they look like they're decked in a shiny suit when they stand up! Their wings are much longer now, and Ellie has some stripes on her 'shoulders.' Their bills actually fit their faces now! But they are still friendly
smile.png
They like sitting on my lap and pressing the computer buttons

They're now big enough to peer over their brooder. So if I'm holding Ellie while Luna's in the brooder, Luna will be resting the tip of her bill on the top
tongue.png

Ellie and Luna have the 'come' command down. They come quacking around the corner if I call out their names
smile.png
And they love going outside and dabbling in the grass.

Surprisingly, they still don't have any problem with wagon rides! They actually like the wagon because they get lots of treats in there
wink.png

I'm also thinking of making them a string toy. Unknown to us, there was a piece of string hanging on the counter above their brooder, and I noticed that Luna loves to jump for it! But it's a little too high for her. Any other suggestions for 'toys' for ducks?

And now that they're almost five weeks old, they looooove to poop. I've been changing the puppy pads in their brooder once a day, might have to start doing that twice
sickbyc.gif
They sound adorable. As for string I'd keep anything like that away from them because they love to eat just about anything and string can cause serious trouble.

Are you working on their out door house? won't be long before they will be ready for the big out doors.

They sound adorable. As for string I'd keep anything like that away from them because they love to eat just about anything and string can cause serious trouble.

Are you working on their out door house? won't be long before they will be ready for the big out doors.

I probably should have explained the string better.. It's attached to a dresser covering, and is a thick ribbon type of thing. I don't think they can somehow unattach it, but I'll move it back, just to be safe
smile.png
Thank you for the advice

Yes, we're working on their outdoor pen. It's already built, so we just need to repair a bit. We've started already, and it's come a long way, but we still don't feel comfortable putting the ducks in it. When the ducks outgrow their brooder, they'll get a spacious pen in the garage until they go outside.

They should be outside soon. Although it's been raining here a lot, and making it hard to do anything!
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom