New Ducks No Fethers

Twice a day might be a bit much for young ones. Without a momma duck, it takes them a little longer to get their oil glands developed, so my guess would be that maybe they’ve just gotten too water logged. :confused:

How old are they now? I have some about 6 weeks old, I could take some comparison pics tomorrow

Twice a day might be a bit much for young ones. Without a momma duck, it takes them a little longer to get their oil glands developed, so my guess would be that maybe they’ve just gotten too water logged. :confused:

How old are they now? I have some about 6 weeks old, I could take some comparison pics tomorrow

We have had them for 4 weeks.. They were no more than a week old when we got them.

I have a Pekin that's about the same age and has bald spots just like yours. (S)he is growing at an incredible rate and also had leg issues because of it. I wouldn't worry too much, but I would also give them more area to run around. Ducks love searching through grass for bugs and eat the grass as well which helps them get well rounded nutrition. Hopefully where they are they can find some shade so that a burn doesn't occur due to them being so bald. Mine chase the shade in their run when it's hot out. Also do you have a hose? I put my hose nozzle on shower and spray it towards them and they love it on hot days, it cools them down too. It won't soak them as much as putting them in a bath since they probably don't have their oil gland in yet to prevent them from getting waterlogged or too wet.

Ducklings also love peas, veggies, and fruits. I'm new to ducklings as well, but I've learned so much from everyone on BYC. Good luck with everything!

Back
Top Bottom