New eggs!

I bet they'll be okay. That doesn't sound TOO bad. I'll pray that your little fuzzbutts are safe and sound. I just loved how you had them all tucked in with their papertowel. :) Oh how I wish my bator would show up!!!!

Disaster! I added a humidity gauge and an egg turner to my incubator, because I have such limited time that I wasn't sure if I could turn these guys on a regular basis. I monitored the temperature for about 3 hours with the thermometer higher up, due to the eggs being positioned higher now. It stabilized just fine at 99.5 with no further fluctuations. This morning I get up and look inside and the thermometer is at 102 with humidity around 65%. So I did what I could to get it back down hoping that since it was so early into the incubation and only for a few hours they have survived. I wanted to add the turner sooner, but all the stores I could get to near me where out of them, so I had to wait until yesterday to get one and the eggs got here sooner then it did. I will find out in a few days if they are ok when I candle them
hmm.png

My first hatch I kept the humidity between 50 & 60% and I had 100% hatch rate...I also had several spikes to 101-102 (one to 105!!) and they don't seem to make a difference...as long as it's not a long term thing!! Good luck!

Well there may be good news, I candled this morning and the green eggs look like the yolk has gotten darker and is shaped slightly different. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but it's possible. Hopefully the power will stay on, the weather here is crazy, it's supposed to be in the 60's after the snow last week and we now have thunder and lightning and buckets of rain. At our old place the power would have been already off, but luckily this place seems more stable.

Here they are with the new turner and the humidity gauge

This rain is so annoying, I was supposed to have my new coop delivered today. I got it for a steal, because it was a display model and needs paint, pretty much what I would have paid for materials myself, but they won't deliver in the rain and it's the only day I had time to wait on them.
Starting to think ducks were the better choice here, does anyone sell lifesavers for chickens? Our yard isn't nearly as bad as the neighbors, they probably have at least a foot of water by now. Please power stay on for the eggheads. I wonder if my little young bantam hen and my barred rock would help hatch these guys if we did lose power.

arrrggg!!! I would not like that too !!!!

LOL! Chickens in life rings floating around in the yard.
lau.gif

This rain is so annoying, I was supposed to have my new coop delivered today. I got it for a steal, because it was a display model and needs paint, pretty much what I would have paid for materials myself, but they won't deliver in the rain and it's the only day I had time to wait on them.
Starting to think ducks were the better choice here, does anyone sell lifesavers for chickens? Our yard isn't nearly as bad as the neighbors, they probably have at least a foot of water by now. Please power stay on for the eggheads. I wonder if my little young bantam hen and my barred rock would help hatch these guys if we did lose power.

Back
Top Bottom