New England area breeders/hatcheries?

Great idea I just subscribed. I too would like to know what's available locally. I wonder if something like this is available on the backyard garden site?:)

Great idea I just subscribed. I too would like to know what's available locally. I wonder if something like this is available on the backyard garden site?:)

Cool thread!

Thank you both!! :) hopefully the activity picks up though soon! As for the gardening site, there might be and if not maybe you or someone else could make one? That would be cool! :)

Does anyone know of any Massachusetts, Vermont or Upstate New York breeders/chicken owners that will sell Cochin bantams in small amounts? I am looking to buy three or four next year.

This year I am going to see if my Silkie or OEGB hen go broody and let them raise some eggs from my flock. Trying to get a Sebright/Silkie cross. They all live in a medium size coop, so I don't want more then fifteen chickens at a time, and am trying to space out chicks so I will still get eggs in a few years.

Last edited:
Try calling Danvers Agway or looking up Ashley's chickens. I believe Ashley raising bantam cochins

Jamie Matts is in NY if you are looking for SQ Cochins.

Next January the Poultry Congress will be held in Springfield MA. There are usually Cochins for sale there too.

Thank you mooncon and KDOGG331, it is good to have a few resources for next year.
Ashley's chickens and the Agway she works with are at the other end of the state from me, but I have an aunt who lives nearby, so maybe I can pick a few up when I drive out to visit her.

Springfield isn't that far from me, and I have been wanting to attend a large poultry show to see what big shows are like (so many pretty chickens!). The big E didn't have a poultry division, I wonder if the Springfield PC is where they show. Prices might be a bit high though, since I am not looking to seriously breed them. I'll keep my eyes peeled:)

There is also Dog River Bantams in Northfield VT. They have bantam black and white.

The Congress is held at the Big E fairgrounds. I forget which building it is in. If you do go tell the parking people you are there for the show and you won't have to pay. There are usually other events going on in other buildings too. It's held the Saturday and Sunday of MLK day weekend.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom