New England blizzard - hope we don't lose power!

nab58

Songster
6 Years
Mar 28, 2013
CT
I live in Connecticut and am currently on day 7 with incubating 7 eggs. We're expecting about 3 feet of snow over the next day with strong winds and thunder snow! I so hope we don't lose power. We have a generator but will not run it continuously so I'm afraid the eggs would suffer.
Anyone else with potential of blizzard impacting their incubating eggs or chicks?

I've heard of some women incubating eggs inside their bra.
hide.gif
It was only a suggestion . . .

Ha hahahaha.....that's a hilarious thought! Good thing I'm only incubating 7! Even so, don't know where I'd put them all!

I live up here in Vermont and I'm also on day 7 with some duck eggs in the incubator. If the power goes out leave the eggs alone (openning and closing things will just make the heat escape faster). Most eggs can handle, even benefit, from a cooling during the day. Like when the hen goes to get food or for a swim. However, I would be concerned if the outage last longer than a few hours.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/689897/im-incubating-what-do-i-do-if-the-power-goes-out

Last edited:
thumbsup.gif
Thought so, that is what I have too. This is my 5th hatch with my mini advanced. I have had great success with it and love it. I want to upgrade to the octagon 20 once breeding comes into full swing this Spring. Hope you are surviving the blizzard!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom