New Fall Chicks!

Quote:
Of course. I told my wife, "Well the chicks we got this spring are wonderful, but wouldn't some fall chicks be nice?"

She glared.

Me - "You know a couple to replace the ones we're going to butcher."

Her - Glare.

Me - "And more guineas, because now that's it's trying to rain again, we're gonna have more bugs."

Her - Glare.

Me - "And look, I think that one is a silkie, don't you want a couple of silkie?"

Her - "Oh really?!?! You know how much I want one of those! Oh, go ahead and get some then!"

yuckyuck.gif

Wow how cute! I work at the Atwoods in McAlester and love it. Just brought home some pullets last night.

oh yes, I broke down while I was in Atwoods a couple of weeks ago and bought a couple of silkies! LOL! I go into Atwoods probably once a week - I LOVE that place! Sigh. I can't stay out of that store. Of course-- I have to buy grain for the horses and feed for the chickens anyway.. so that's my excuse. I was in today and they had two bins of ducks! Lots of guineas, chickens, and bantams. They are so hard to resist!

I'm jealous! I really wanted to get some more chicks later in the season as well but I live in Northern Michigan and as much as I love my babies I didn't want them living in my living room for the winter. I have a few silkies and they are the best. Are they the biggest egg layers?...no. Meat bird?....not unless you like black and very little. Smartest?...that's up for debate. Are they totally sweet, funny as he** and absolutely worth adding to your flock? TOTALLY! And remember...they are covered with feathers...not fur.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom