New Feature - Filtered "RECENT POSTS" List

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

BYC is an amazing place where peeps come to talk chicken but end up making great friends and enjoy hanging out. This is one of the reasons BYC is such a wonderful and special place and why so many people join every day and stick around.

Since the very beginning of the BYC Forum we've had a page that allows you to see all the recent posts / topics on the forum:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/search.php?action=show_24h

We've receive a LOT of requests from many peeps that they would also like the option to have direct access to just the poultry related topics on BYC.

So, after a bit of programming we created a new "Filtered Recent Posts" list which has the "Social" and "Buy Sell Auction" topics filtered out:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/search2.php?action=show_24h

The main "Recent Posts" list will remain the same, but the list above will be available for you to access and bookmark if you prefer.

Thanks to those who provided feedback and ideas for this new feature and for those who support new developments like this through BYC Store purchases and supporting our sponsors.

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Cool [​IMG]

3. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Nice! This is helpful!

I do wish we could filter it completely by section (for example, I personally would like to be able to see the recent posts with all sections except Meat Birds and Games displayed), but this is a good start. Thank you! [​IMG]

4. TomG

TomG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Lake Oswego
    Would it be possible to have a link to the "filtered recent posts" on the recent posts page?

5. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    Quote:Many many thanks!!!

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

For now we're going to keep this link separate from the other links to help avoid confusion. We've linked to it from the FAQ's, so if you ever loose it, you can find it there. [​IMG]

7. En Plein Air Farms

En Plein Air Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

thank you. I'd pretty much quit coming here because there was more social stuff than chicken stuff.
    This should make everyone happy.

8. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Wow! cool, gotta check it out

9. soozannah

soozannah Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2010
    Burbank, Ca
    I "don' have permission" to edit & post my rooster that s for sale. I finally got the pics uploaded but now I can't post. I don't understand what's going on.

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I just bookmarked it!

THANKS!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by