Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
We've received a lot of requests, especially from our Premium Feather Membership about having the ability to see:
  1. Who's viewed a thread
  2. Who's posted in a thread
We've added this feature and made it available to our Premium Feather Members!

Here are some screenshots:

These are now "clickable" (for PFM's):
upload_2017-12-23_20-22-8.png

Showing the number of times people posted:
upload_2017-12-23_20-22-37.png

... and who viewed the thread:

upload_2017-12-23_20-23-3.png

You can purchase a PFM here or win one in one of our contests!

So that's where that nifty thread feature came from. :lol: Nice! I've been utilizing it a ton over the past few days without even realizing it was relatively new!

Great!!!

Oh, and I forgot to mention, clicking on the numbers of posts takes you to a list of all the posts by that member in that thread:

upload_2017-12-23_20-46-41.png

upload_2017-12-23_20-47-16.png

I unchecked the boxes that allow people to see my username as being online and also the one that shows where I'm currently browsing or posting. But I can see these things when I'm logged into my account. Is there an error, or is this because I'm logged in?

Also, for this new feature does it give paid members access to my online status and where I'm currently browsing? Or will that remain blocked?

Is there an error, or is this because I'm logged in?
I believe this is because you are logged in.

Also, for this new feature does it give paid members access to my online status and where I'm currently browsing? Or will that remain blocked?
I'm not sure, but I've heard from others that it might show read status. I'm working with the developers to double-check this and fix it.

I was stalked earlier this year, entirely online. It was horrible and scary. He followed me everywhere and hacked my email, and the logs for hacking attempts on my website soared during this time period.

So I've become hyper-sensitive to website features that allow others to track where I am at any given moment.

For as verbose as I am and all the discussions I start here, I don't do social media or try to intentionally draw attention to myself. So I would really prefer that this one feature be disabled to squelch my anxiety.

BYC is the only discussion forum where I feel safe and respected and free to be myself.

:p

I was stalked earlier this year, entirely online. It was horrible and scary. He followed me everywhere and hacked my email, and the logs for hacking attempts on my website soared during this time period.

So I've become hyper-sensitive to website features that allow others to track where I am at any given moment.

For as verbose as I am and all the discussions I start here, I don't do social media or try to intentionally draw attention to myself. So I would really prefer that this one feature be disabled to squelch my anxiety.

BYC is the only discussion forum where I feel safe and respected and free to be myself.

:hugs

and...
@Nifty-Chicken thanks for the new feature!:D

I don't see any green triangle or activity log like I can on those without it turned off. I believe that only you can see it.

:hugs

and...
@Nifty-Chicken thanks for the new feature!:D
I wanted to clarify. Are you saying you welcome the ability to see where someone is in the forums at any given moment? Is that the feature you're referencing? Or the one that allows paid members to see what I've viewed?

If so, how does it benefit you? Personally, it makes me feel quite uncomfortable and also cautious about what I choose to view.

Back
Top Bottom