New Feeders

Discussion in 'Quail' started by TexasChris, May 19, 2011.

1. TexasChris

TexasChris Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Just got 3 new quail feeders from Jim, well about 2 hours ago and the first thing I did was fill them up with GBS and then just took a chair and a cold drink and watched . To my amazement in 2 hours of close range quail watching not 1 crumble of GBS has hit the pooh pan! WOW what a miracle this may cut the feed back by 60%! I gotta go watch some more just hated seeing all the wasted feed before!

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I use the feeders for my cbbq and they are nice. Did he custom make it for you?

3. TexasChris

May 2, 2011
    Yes he did and I cant get over how much feed my jumbo's have waisted I can' believe it was this easy to solve I tell you Jim is a miracle worker these are the best ever. Now if I could just teach my 8 year old to eat out of one![​IMG]

4. matefrio

matefrio Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2011
    Ok, are you going to describe these feeders or let us in on what they look like or how they work?

5. TexasChris

May 2, 2011
    If I were computer savy enough to id post a pic but unfortunately im not other people on here have posted pics before thats how I learned about them. Thanks to those folks! Im sure 1 of the more computer savy people that have his feeders will see this post and post a pic for you, but I cant say enough about them if you have coturnix quail you know how much they waist and these completely put and end to waist.
    Chris

6. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

7. EricShane

EricShane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    SouthWestern Ohio
    oh that would be awesome.. I have just chicken feeders in mine, and i'd say half of thier food ends up in thier bathroom tray lol

8. TexasChris

May 2, 2011
    I mean literally since like 2:30 today the only GBS that has hit the ground is a piece that a hen picked up and apparently was to big and she stood up and threw it I just cant get over almost no waist!
    Chris

9. matefrio

matefrio Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2011
    How easy\\hard are they to fill?

10. TexasChris

May 2, 2011
    Not bad at all just use a small feed scoop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by