New First Hatch Please help us.

mommaO4

Hatching
6 Years
May 2, 2013
Day 22 and 7 have cracked and chirping. It's been around 3 hours since it started. Is 83% humidity too high? When or should I know when to help them?

I am assuming that you are doing chicken eggs? If so, that humidity is a little high. They are usually around 60 or 70 during lockdown. If you are doing duck eggs then obviously they are a little early and that is about the perfect humidity for them. As long as they are chirping and moving around I would not try to help them. Could do more harm than help.

What kind of incubator are you using? If it has venting holes are they open? Do you have water dishes in there to add humidity? I wouldn't do too much to change it... Its not extremely high.

Little Giant Still Air Ventilation holes are open. Water base is under the wire on bottom.
Are the suppose to hatch within a certain time frame after piping? Two are cracked where we can actually see their beaks and breathing. ONe it cracked almost all the way around. Others are just cracked in a small area where the egg tooth broke the shell.
This is very stressful for me. Yikes! Don't know if I can do this again.

i know how you feel. i am going through the same thing! my 1st duckling egg started piping last night. now i have 2. they are rocking back and forth and chirping. i WANT to help them but i KNOW i shouldn't.
wink.png

i leave mine in for at least 24 hours. some say they are fine for 3-4 days. i usually can't stand it and take them out sometime around 36-48 hrs.

clap.gif
for you and your new chick!

Back
Top Bottom