New Flock in South Texas

Anorthosite

In the Brooder
Jul 15, 2017
  1. Hi! I am a new to keeping chickens, as of March we purchased 7 laying hens and 2 meat birds. All have survived and two turned out to be roosters. I have one black Australorp and two each of: American bresse, French BCM, RIR, and white leghorn. The roosters are a bresse and a BCM.

They're free range in our backyard in town. So far, no need to clip wings. Our big decision will be which rooster to keep, as we can only have one.
  2. We're trying to raise our boys as good stewards that know where their food comes from and how to care for animals.

:welcome Well that's at least 3 from Texas today that I've talked to! Woohoo!! Excellent way to teach kids responsibility, where food comes from, the circle of life and death, kindness, compassion and that animals, just like babies, rely on us to feed, water and love. Welcome, welcome

1. Hi! I am a new to keeping chickens, as of March we purchased 7 laying hens and 2 meat birds. All have survived and two turned out to be roosters. I have one black Australorp and two each of: American bresse, French BCM, RIR, and white leghorn. The roosters are a bresse and a BCM.

They're free range in our backyard in town. So far, no need to clip wings. Our big decision will be which rooster to keep, as we can only have one.
  2. We're trying to raise our boys as good stewards that know where their food comes from and how to care for animals.
Sounds like you have your hands full!
Great to have you aboard.
Post some pics of the roos! Lets see how hard the decision will be to part with one. I am a roo lover. It has to be hard decision to make!
Welcome to BYC!!!
:woot:welcome:yesss::highfive:!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom