New from MD

Johnnyschick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 16, 2011
Thurmont
Hello Everyone!

My DH and I became first time chicken "parents" in June of this year. We have 4 Red Sex Links and we love them! Their names are Elsie, Ethel, Thelma and Gladys after my grandmothers and great aunts. They lay the most beautiful brown eggs! I found the BYC site while doing some research prior to getting our girls and got a lot of great information. I finally took the time to join and am looking forward to "talking chicken" with other chicken folks.

I find it interesting that although we are in a county where agriculture is one of the top businesses not all of the towns or municipalities will allow even chickens. I am thankful to live in a great little town that not only allows chickens but most other livestock as long as they are confined to your property and receive proper care.

My first love (after my DH:)) is working on our little suburban homestead (a work in progress). We have a large garden and are in the process of planting a small orchard. I can and dehydrate the harvest that we don't eat. I enjoy soap making, spinning, knitting, spending time with my DH and playing with my 3 kitties Kes, Bo and Annie.

welcome-byc.gif
from a fellow Marylander

Good to have you join the BYC group. I have found it to be a fount of information and help.

I am raising my second family of chickens. I ordered 100 cockerels some 25 years ago and had some hens for a few years until the shed/coop was torn down. Being retired now, this May I adopted 6 Australorps and 6 Light Brahmas (5 hens and 1 rooster of each). Took me until October to find this site.

Welcome!

Love, Linn B (aka Smart Red) Gardening zone 5a - 4b in south-est, central-est Wisconsin

Back
Top Bottom