New From North Dakota

Quote:
YW, 16.5 years down atleast 3.5 to go. I may try to get to 24 years, just depends on what job outlook here in ND is like at the time. Unfortunately, Grand Forks AFB may be on upcoming closure lists. I hope not, but beyond my control.

Quote:
Yes, I've been at GF AFB since July of 07. I'm hoping this base is kept open! I really like the area a lot. ND has become my second home as the people are very nice.

Quote:
Yes, I've been at GF AFB since July of 07. I'm hoping this base is kept open! I really like the area a lot. ND has become my second home as the people are very nice.

Where are you from originally? I'm from PA, the AF transplanted me here in 1990 (after 4 years on Guam).

welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
I'm from a small town in NW Wisconsin, Iron River. So its great being 5.5 hours from home. Sometimes I need to get back to the woods of my area. Not enough trees here for me, but I make do.

Quote:
Unfortunately the previous owners really neglected the coop, so I have a lot of work to do to get it ready once winter breaks. I'm up for the challenge as raising chickens for eggs and eventually meat will be better for my family in the long run. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I also think about the stuff hitting the fan and our economy crashing. I want to be able to have skills to survive on my own.

Back
Top Bottom