New from Texas

texasegger

Hatching
Mar 17, 2017
Southeast Texas
Hi y'all! Just got my chickens 2 days ago. I made a chicken tractor out of pvc and cattle panels. The chickens are about 3 months old and I'm anxiously awaiting the first egg. Here is my flock.

Welcome to BYC. Do you have any idea how old the birds are in weeks? "About three months" can cover a fairly wide span and at least one of the birds shown is looking somewhat suspicious with regards to gender if they are really only three months old......

Welcome to BYC.  Do you have any idea how old the birds are in weeks?  "About three months" can cover a fairly wide span and at least one of the birds shown is looking somewhat suspicious with regards to gender if they are really only three months old......

I'm sorry, they are about 2 months old the man I bought them from told me. Which one looks like a roo? My guess is the white one or brown speckled one next to it. The guy that got them out of the pen for us didn't speak English so I don't know if he knew how to sex or if he didn't know I wanted hens.
1f612.png

Welcome to BYC from Maine!:welcome

Both your little rown and black one and the silver gray and brown one look like cockerels to me.If you could post tail pics and hole body pics and combs pics, that would be great.

The white & brown bird at the top looks like a cockerel, as does the brown one with markings to the right. Your other birds have their heads down so can't see what comb development they have.

G’Day from down under texasegger
frow.gif
Welcome!

Love the pics! BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

As you have already received some links to great starting points, I will just wish you and your flock all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Back
Top Bottom