New Gamefowl member Puerto Rico

1705058976929.png

I just want to make sure from someone who knows this breed more before incorporating this blood into my bloodline. Attached is the female pullet in question, I bought her from a known breeder and she’s supposedly a Brazilian Aseel but I have questions whether she’s a shamo or shamo cross. I also proudly :) attached a broodcock from my bloodline which I plan on crossing her with if she’s indeed a Brazilian Aseel.View attachment 3724135View attachment 3724132View attachment 3724141View attachment 3724137
Then hen has great form, if she has a temperament than she should be fine to breed. Love that cock all trimmed up. He looks good.

Gorgeous birds :welcome ! I am in no way experienced enough to comment on whether she is a Brazilian, or some other aseel type. @cubalaya keeps Brazilians. May I ask why specifically a Brazilian? Thanks for the tag @TwoCrows
Be prepared for a detailed response from a gamefowl breeders perspective.

Our birds are exhibited in weights between 3lbs 8oz to 3lbs 14oz at the upper echelon tournaments. As you know birds constantly evolve and even the slightest of rule changes to the sport cause a dramatic change in what the ideal gamefowl should be (conformation, fighting style, gameness, endurance, etc). Over many years Puerto Rico keeps reducing the official time limit a bout should last. What was once 20-25 minute exhibitions during my grandfathers time, 15 mins during my fathers time, and now current times which is 12 mins with the consideration of 10 in the far future. Brazilian aseels are shifty fighters, for the weight class we exhibit our gamefowls in (3.8-3.14) you absolutely need a quick bird on its feet. They provide an immense amount of resources to any fowls dancing style, endurance/strength, intelligence, stance, and height. Aseels fall short in terms of quality in gameness when compared to a Spanish gamefowl. The idea is to refine the Spanish fowl in order to gain the beneficial qualities the Brazilian Aseel has to offer(height, intelligence, strength, endurance, dancing style) while maintaining the agility and world class gameness of the Spanish fowl. Attached is a spanish fowl that has been refined over the years with Brazilian Aseel. I’ll also attach my two birds of choice to try and achieve the bird I’m aiming for.
IMG_0586.png
IMG_0588.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom