New gander who thinks he's a chicken!

Just want to share my happy news! The gander has been trying to mate with Lucy! So far I only witnessed this while locking them in the goose house tonight. I was shocked and thrilled at the same time! This afternoon he still hung out with the chickens when I let everyone out but will see what happens tomorrow! I'm so happy for Lucy! As soon as I can get pictures of them hanging out together I will post the happy couple, lol.

celebrate.gif
That's awesome!!!
wee.gif

Just want to share my happy news! The gander has been trying to mate with Lucy! So far I only witnessed this while locking them in the goose house tonight. I was shocked and thrilled at the same time! This afternoon he still hung out with the chickens when I let everyone out but will see what happens tomorrow! I'm so happy for Lucy! As soon as I can get pictures of them hanging out together I will post the happy couple, lol.

Awesome! Hopefully he continues to progress! Maybe you will have a happy couple of geese/chicken protectors.

:celebrate

I was out this morning watching the flock. The gander still hangs out with the chickens and Lucy goes on her way. The rooster was trying to get a chicken to squat but she didn't want to and was making loud squawking sounds, the gander goes over and breaks it up... It was cute to see that!

I was out this morning watching the flock. The gander still hangs out with the chickens and Lucy goes on her way. The rooster was trying to get a chicken to squat but she didn't want to and was making loud squawking sounds, the gander goes over and breaks it up... It was cute to see that!
Wait till they work as a team, I call mine 2 the goose patrol because if any mating starts up whether chicken or ducks the goose patrol runs up to them screaming at the top of their lungs and puts a stop to it immediately. Hilarious. Then they walk off talking to them selves.

I'm so excited!! Today was a cold wet day so I didn't let the chickens out, just the geese and guineas. About half way through the day the gander started following Lucy around, she showed the corral and a few places where there is a little green grass. It so wonderful to see them together! Here are a couple of pics of them.

He is the bigger one, looks like they are walking off into the sunset!

This second one looks like they are conversing.

Here they look like they are wondering who invited the paparazzi..lol!

I'm so excited!! Today was a cold wet day so I didn't let the chickens out, just the geese and guineas. About half way through the day the gander started following Lucy around, she showed the corral and a few places where there is a little green grass. It so wonderful to see them together! Here are a couple of pics of them.

He is the bigger one, looks like they are walking off into the sunset!

This second one looks like they are conversing.

Here they look like they are wondering who invited the paparazzi..lol!

Awesome!

I just realized I don't know what do do next! I've never had a gander before and always removed all the eggs Lucy laid last year. So now they are mating, should I stop removing eggs already? Or should I wait until it warms a bit? Here in south Texas one day it's cold, the next its in upper 70's lol! I appreciate any advice.
Oh yeah... I finally renamed Gretchen the gander to "Ralph"! Simply because he makes the sound that kinda sounds like he is saying Ralph! Maybe he had been trying to tell me this all along, hehe!

Laurie

I just realized I don't know what do do next! I've never had a gander before and always removed all the eggs Lucy laid last year. So now they are mating, should I stop removing eggs already? Or should I wait until it warms a bit? Here in south Texas one day it's cold, the next its in upper 70's lol! I appreciate any advice.
Oh yeah... I finally renamed Gretchen the gander to "Ralph"! Simply because he makes the sound that kinda sounds like he is saying Ralph! Maybe he had been trying to tell me this all along, hehe!

Laurie

That is up to you. If you want babies then you could leave them. Where I live geese aren't breeding yet and it is way to cold to leave eggs even if they did lay them. Glad to hear that Ralph has joined Team Geese.

Back
Top Bottom