Sponsored Post New Giveaway: Try out the Southern States Poultry Pal App for a chance to win!

Huge potential, but... The program crashes often, and every time I go back to a previous menu I get a "no updates found" Egg tracker is great though I would like to be able to keep track of individual birds production. Most of the information on the breeds seems to be only an image at this point, needs more breeds HTC DNA

Well I've had the app for a while now an I have to say i am MORE than happy with the app. Now, my pullets have not layed an egg yet but I have done test to see how the egg tracker works an I think the egg tracker is great an I can't wait to start recording my own eggs! I really enjoy goin on the gallery an looking at chickens. Over all I recommend it to every one!

I would like to add that in the breed selections there should be a "mutt" selection becuase 90% of my flock are mutts :p

My initial thoughts on the ap so far:
It is easy to use and easy to setup. Everything is user friendly
It is very lacking in breeds in "My flock". Most of mine are not listed.
I like that it asks for a hatch date, but wishes it displayed your chickens age once date is entered as opposed to just the hatch date.
Love the egg tracker! however, I do wish we could assign an egg to a specific chicken. For people with smaller flocks, it is really helpful to know who laid on what day.

I will come back in a week to add the rest of my review!

ETA 7/1/2013
The above still stands. It is a bit buggy. randomly shutting down when it wants, etc. It has potential to be a great app once everything is worked out
I agree that an incubating calendar/reminder would be handy. Does not need to be fancy...just set dates, lockdown dates and hatch dates.....

Last edited:
Finally got it downloaded. So far not impressed with the app. None of my breeds are listed. The app does not display properly either. For instance on the egg tracker, I can see smallest egg but just a tiny bit of the L for largest egg. It will not scroll sideways in any part of the app so I believe that I am only seeing about half of it. This app should be offered for kindle. Ill play with it some more and come back in a week with my final thoughts.

I downloaded very excitingly. Its a cute.appear and a great idea however the breeds are very limited. And I can't get.anything to fit my phones screen. I can only read part of the.articles and see.a little over half of the options. I'm keeping this appear I hopes they will fix it :)

I downloaded it a couple of months ago. It looks great, but is very limited on the breeds. Why, I don't know.

I can do everything that it does on my computer, so I deleted it. Great idea, but not great for me right now. I may install it again in a month or so to see if it has improved.

"egg"-cellent its like BYC in your pocket but less social and less info, dosnt have a breeds varitions it just has different paged like golden laced wyandoote and silver laced wyandotte there the same BREED!

overall 7/10

It's a shame the app is for only IPhones and Android and it's not compatible with Window Phones.

Last edited:
I have been using Poultry Pal for a while, and I am very impressed by the quality and design of the app. There are useful tools like the egg tracker and flock manager that help you manage your flock and keep track of your chickens and how many eggs they lay. Also, the app has a poultry blog that I love to use and a chicken guide that helps me take care of my chickens. Chicken lovers like me have been needing a good chicken app and I want to thank Southern States for being the first to make one. In conclusion, Poultry Pal is a very useful and well designed app that every chicken keeper should have.

Back
Top Bottom