New Goose House

Gosh sorry to hear about your sweet Spicie and Vanessa.....sounds like you hopefully have it under control though. Those Sebastopols are beautiful with all the ruffled feathers~
Kalsti I do not use the 6" method in my pens they have mud floors so I just put pine shavings as I need it. Thank you on the sebs I just love them dearly!!!!

I wish ya'll would try the colorless iodine on these bumbles it really does work I gave the link a few posts back, I had a hen with bumble and when I read about the iodine I started using it on hers, I'd clean her foot really good with Oxine/water or soak it in Epsom salt then dry it real good apply the iodine[colorless] very important. Then use a qtip and spread the iodine all over her bumble top and bottom then do it again in 3 days it cleared up just doing this and I had been trying for months to clear it up using other things and yep I have the neo too.

Last edited:
I wish ya'll would try the colorless iodine on these bumbles it really does work I gave the link a few posts back, I had a hen with bumble and when I read about the iodine I started using it on hers, I'd clean her foot really good with Oxine/water or soak it in Epsom salt then dry it real good apply the iodine[colorless] very important. Then use a qtip and spread the iodine all over her bumble top and bottom then do it again in 3 days it cleared up just doing this and I had been trying for months to clear it up using other things and yep I have the neo too.
Miss Lydia where do you get the colorless iodine? I do not belive I have ever seen this. I also hear there is powdered spray iodine...

Well darn, where I read about iodine said to make sure not to use the colorless (unless I read it wrong), which I was unable to find locally so ordered it from jeffers. In the meantime I used boil ease, after soaking in epsom salts. That worked well.

Miss Lydia where do you get the colorless iodine? I do not belive I have ever seen this. I also hear there is powdered spray iodine...
I bought it at CVS and also Walmart. The colorless has ammonia in it which I was told is what helps the iodine to work faster, you don't put it on everyday, you watch for scabs to turn blk, then you reapply about every 3rd day. with my hen her feet are different than water fowl she didn't get the blk like shown on the picture, but I would remove the scab if it came off easily with my finger nail and apply the iodine, I was very amazed at how fast it healed once I started with the colorless, I was using plain iodine before that. Always do the treatment in the evening when putting them up for the night so they don't get into water again.

Well darn, where I read about iodine said to make sure not to use the colorless (unless I read it wrong), which I was unable to find locally so ordered it from jeffers. In the meantime I used boil ease, after soaking in epsom salts. That worked well.
boil ease? now I will have to read up on it, I like to have several things in my med chest, well actually I have a lot of things in my med chest.

OMG!!! THANK YOU!!!
Now I know what to do with the old play house (my daughter is too big) and how to get a good goose house!
(I'd say kill 2 birds with one stone but that doesn't seem like a good analogy to use here got a better one??)

Only question left is do I need to block off the windows with wire or will the geese be fine with them the way they originally were? (just open holes with shutters)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom