New Goose In Texas

Thank you so much. After having Josephine outside on a leash, it's even harder to let her go. She was flapping her wings and running along beside me. If I moved, she moved. I will one day have a goose again. I will. But I will start with a young one that I can introduce to the harness/diaper. And I already know I'd love another China...unless I get a Sebastopol (the first and actually only pet goose I ever met.)

Flapping her wings and running beside you! Wonderful.
Oh yes, I hear you, I will have some pet geese.
Everyday, I learn something new, and I will be prepared.
smile.png

Geese have a way of charming your socks off and crawling into your heart, don't they?

I'm glad for Josephine, too. You have made the selfless and right choice for her. As quickly as she adapted to you, she'll adapt to her new owner.

The bond a human forms with a goose is, IMHO, in part a "bewitching" done TO you, by the goose
big_smile.png
. I've had chicks and ducklings and poults, puppies and kittens and human babies. Only the human babies in my life rivaled the geese (goslings) in capturing my heart and holding it hostage. I know I'm not the only one too.

Thanks Love-a-duck and Kim. Josephine is MAD at me. LOL I worked late and didnt' give her her bath time. I heard about it this morning.

She's been very active lately (that's code for nothing is safe in the bathroom...she even tugged a towel down on the floor.) Her new family is very excited about her and have promised to keep me updated. These are good friends so I know I can depend on that!

Back
Top Bottom