New goose owner, have questions

Quick question, is she old enough for mill worms? And if so, live or dried? Sheā€™s about 4 wks. Iā€™ve tried chopped spinach, peas, banana and raspberries. She doesnā€™t seem to like any of it yet

Dave Holderread recommends sprinkling greens in their water. When I got mine they were maybe 4-5 days old. The next day I cut some holes on a large plastic jar that came with pretzels in. I filled it to just below the holes and sprinkled fresh new grass in. They went nuts over it. There wasn't much for grass yet, so I also bought dark greens from the grocery store and cut them up. I think sprinkling them on the water is the key. It sure worked with mine.

Dave Holderread recommends sprinkling greens in their water. When I got mine they were maybe 4-5 days old. The next day I cut some holes on a large plastic jar that came with pretzels in. I filled it to just below the holes and sprinkled fresh new grass in. They went nuts over it. There wasn't much for grass yet, so I also bought dark greens from the grocery store and cut them up. I think sprinkling them on the water is the key. It sure worked with mine.
Thanks. Iā€™ll try that. I did smush a raspberry and put it in her water but she definitely didnā€™t like it. Iā€™ll throw some greens in there and see what happensšŸ˜Š

Thanks. Iā€™ll try that. I did smush a raspberry and put it in her water but she definitely didnā€™t like it. Iā€™ll throw some greens in there and see what happensšŸ˜Š
People use them for weeding. Their favorite food--their most natural food is grass. From what I read, unless they're forced or taught to eat other foods, many of them are safe to have in your veggie garden--and helpful to you, too!

Does anyone know what a safe vine would be to plant around her pen? I read that beans of any kind are toxic. There goes my runner bean plan. Any ideas? I keep googling it and come up with toxic plants for ducks and chickens. Very few goose related plants are mentioned other than potato and tomato leaves being bad

Back
Top Bottom