New goose owner, have questions

75FB3E24-CB88-443E-8AE4-B0459EDB7ACA.jpeg

Thanks. I’m assuming she‘s a white breed of some sort but everything I find on the more common ones like the White Chinese and Embden says that as goslings they have orange legs and feet. My little one definitely has pink legs and feet. She’s been to the vet and he said her coloring was healthy. I’m so curious!

You're right! I was so focused on that pretty yellow down. Maybe a mix? Otherwise a breed they don't carry at either Metzer Farms or Meyer Hatchery, which seems odd. Hard to believe they'd have sold you some super-rare breed from a farm store. Well my Buffs certainly do have orange bills and tootsies, but they definitely had gray on their backs.

F53FF7D9-CD93-467E-8027-23DC03529433.jpeg

OTOH, they also didn't have orange accents as goslings... Maybe something that develops as they get older. They sure have them now.
AA752DA9-C157-4D9F-95EF-C19A96648046.jpeg

You're right! I was so focused on that pretty yellow down. Maybe a mix? Otherwise a breed they don't carry at either Metzer Farms or Meyer Hatchery, which seems odd. Hard to believe they'd have sold you some super-rare breed from a farm store. Well my Buffs certainly do have orange bills and tootsies, but they definitely had gray on their backs.

View attachment 2035390
OTOH, they also didn't have orange accents as goslings... Maybe something that develops as they get older. They sure have them now.
View attachment 2035391
Thanks! I can’t wait to find out. I was only hoping for an American Buff because she’s a pet and I wanted docile and loving. She gets tons of attention and we are gentle with her so maybe it won’t matter as long as she’s raised with lots of love.💕

Back
Top Bottom