New Hampshire red pullets laying large eggs.

trunkman

Songster
10 Years
Dec 26, 2009
Rock Hill SC
NHR are just 24 weeks old and are laying large eggs already, my other 27 week old pullets are just laying small to medium eggs. I've been trying to keep track of who is laying what size eggs and so far I know my one white rock is laying smallish medium eggs at 27 weeks, my NH reds are laying large eggs at 24 weeks, and my barred rocks are laying medium eggs at 24 weeks. Someone is laying a jumbo double yoker every 6 or 7 days, can't wait to find out which one is doing it, I try to see who is laying on weekends but never get to the coop in time, but I do see who lays late in the evening on workdays, that's how I found out my two NH reds lay large eggs. I still haven't figured out what two are not laying yet, I'm getting 9/11 eggs a day... I have 2 barred rocks, 2 NH reds, 2 austrolorps, 1 jersey giant, 3 RIRs, and 1 white rock.
smile.png

My vote is that the BRs are not laying yet. They are a bit slow on the uptake. Fortunately they make up for it by being really reliable layers once they get started.

Good luck with them.

Back
Top Bottom