new hampshire spring chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I really wish the EE chick I got from you was a roo but it is looking very much like a pullet.....23 weeks still no comb or wattles and not crowing

LOL, no one ever says this!!

Ya I have a screw loose....but I want a roo

Quote:
I have a black ameraucana roo. That i was thinking on selling.
big_smile.png

I really wish the EE chick I got from you was a roo but it is looking very much like a pullet.....23 weeks still no comb or wattles and not crowing

I saw the brother that one, and he has mad saddles and hackles , i mean a whole lot.

Quote:

LOL, no one ever says this!!

gig.gif

Quote:

I saw the brother that one, and he has mad saddles and hackles , i mean a whole lot.

Shay she is soooo pretty I would love to find her a Roo-friend

Quote:
So the roos have a black based body, and mahogany hackle/saddle feathers?

Dod you guys get the chicken genetics book?

-Cindy

Quote:

-Cindy

Hi Cindy,
we didn't get the genetics book yet, but its on the list. Napoleon is 5 months old and he got his name because he got in with my full grown Dom when he was about 8 weeks old and tried to take him on.... it was funny and scary at the same time, as we had to break up a cock fight..
ep.gif

Quote:

-Cindy

Hi Cindy,
we didn't get the genetics book yet, but its on the list. Napoleon is 5 months old and he got his name because he got in with my full grown Dom when he was about 8 weeks old and tried to take him on.... it was funny and scary at the same time, as we had to break up a cock fight..
ep.gif

i remember this! LOL
they are both beautiful they look the same to me

Quote:
Wow, he matured fast. One on mine just started crowing, and mine are about the same age.

Luckily they don't seem to have a problem with other roos like yours. They don't bother each other, and they stood on one side of the fence the other day while old Moe was on the other. They didn't want to challenge him, they wanted to see what good things he had found to eat!

Last edited:
I've had a great time this year at the swaps. I attended so many I forgot the total.. approx 6-7????

Had fun meeting everyone and trying to learn names/ids. Got some great birds and sold to some great people.

My plans for next year: breeding my Russian Orloffs and selling eggs, breeding my tiniest bantams of many breeds,
raising and selling new colors in button quail and raising Gouldian finch babies (it was a bust this year with the death of 3 of my main breeders) are my main goals so far
smile.png

Tammie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom