New Hampshire!

Hi
big_smile.png
I'm in Littleton :) unfortunately we can't have chickens here we only have 1/3 acre and we need 1 acre ..but we are looking to downsize our home all of our children are grown..looking for towns in NH that allow chickens and if you could share what the ordinances are for your town..Any info would help
wink.png

Last edited:
Hi
big_smile.png
I'm in Littleton :) unfortunately we can't have chickens here we only have 1/3 acre and we need 1 acre ..but we are looking to downsize our home all of our children are grown..looking for towns in NH that allow chickens and if you could share what the ordinances are for your town..Any info would help
wink.png
wolfeboro is wide open

there are at least 10 people that i know of that have fowl already

rochester hens are ok but no roosters

somersworth no chickens allowed but i think they are selling "chicken permits" so you can soon have a few

maybe others can post their towns regs.

good luck
piglett

Thank You Piglett for your info when you say Wolfboro is wide open do you mean no minimum lot size and roosters are allowed?? Taxes and Homes seem reasonable there too..

Last edited:
Thank You Piglett for your info when you say Wolfboro is wide open do you mean no minimum lot size and roosters are allowed?? Taxes and Homes seem reasonable there too..
i mean they don't have any rules saying you can't have roosters or chickens

the summer people pay a large amount of the taxes for the town because they have million dollar lake houses

the helps out the rest of us

are you older & looking for a place to retire?

Looking to re-home our one year old Silkie Roo. He's very good at his job, tends to the hens, calls them for treats, good fertility rate and even covering some of the bigger hens (he is very ambitious). This summer we hatched out a few clutches of eggs and sold the chicks locally and I didn't enjoy that as much as I thought I would. We live in a small neighborhood and I think the crowing has lost it's country feel for the neighbors. He's free of course; available for pick up in the Manchester, NH area.

Looking to re-home our one year old Silkie Roo. He's very good at his job, tends to the hens, calls them for treats, good fertility rate and even covering some of the bigger hens (he is very ambitious). This summer we hatched out a few clutches of eggs and sold the chicks locally and I didn't enjoy that as much as I thought I would. We live in a small neighborhood and I think the crowing has lost it's country feel for the neighbors. He's free of course; available for pick up in the Manchester, NH area.

He is a handsome boy. I hope you have luck in finding him a home.

Have you listed him on craigslist yet? I have had sooooo much luck rehoming roosters there, many of which went to loving forever homes others were for meat and I knew the ones that were which doesn't bother me. I had to have rehomed near 60 roosters this summer. So there is hope, everyone loves Silkies. Also you can try listing him on the Silkie thread there are a few people that are from NH there.

If I didn't already have a Silkie rooster I would have considered him for myself but I already have a nice Blue boy to go with my Splash girls.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom