New Hampshire!

Pics
Quote:
Agway here in Woodsville has no min. Wondering if when preordering through Blue Seal if they adhere to the 12 min too. I've never gone to a TSC but what I read about the chain here I don't want to. Unknowledgeable about breeds they have (as in usually don't even know what is what in their own brooder!) and strict about the 12 min purchase.

Hey all from Woodsville, NH

We had a discuraging hatch with only one making it so picked up some blue Orpingtons to keep her company awaiting the next batch of hatching eggs. Anywho, next month I'll have 6 week old blue Orps (1 definite roo, will sell as breeding group) and possibly extra blue black splash Plymouth Rocks for sale. Send a PM if you are interested.

Last yr I bought 3 chicks from Agway in N. Haverhill ( woodsville ) I did not pre order, Dana said he always gets a few more.. If U R near Us. check with Dana
smile.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also check here. I just got 7 chicks in early March from a lady on here & she has no Min. also go to the chicken swaps.. The Ladies name is April, 4got her screen name, sorry

Quote:
Last yr I bought 3 chicks from Agway in N. Haverhill ( woodsville ) I did not pre order, Dana said he always gets a few more.. If U R near Us. check with Dana
smile.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also check here. I just got 7 chicks in early March from a lady on here & she has no Min. also go to the chicken swaps.. The Ladies name is April, 4got her screen name, sorry

I'll 2nd that. I've been PM'd by others here about splitting a dozen, or buying less than a dozen otherwise. There was a non-chain local horse tackle store near me that would sell a few chicks at a time to established owners, but they've gone out of businesss.

Quote:
The conventional wisdom on space per bird is 4 sq ft indoors and 10 sq ft outdoors. You've got 13 sq ft of floor so that's 3 standard birds plus 1 sq ft extra. Just based on square footage it wouldn't be unreasonable, but the configuration isn't great. At 2 ft wide they'll always have to pass by closely to each other. If they're squabbling over pecking order there's really no escaping, and as you know winters here can mean extended periods cooped up. I'd recommend more width to your floor space.

There's another thing that you should probably be aware of with owning chickens, it's called chicken math.

It's where otherwise rational people find themselves owning way more chickens than they intended to. We've only been at this for a year but we're already feeling restricted by the size of our coop. I'm positive that if our coop was twice the size we'd own twice as many chickens by now, and we'd still be trying to figure out how to add on.

Any of you out there who could spare a chick? I had eggs under a first time broody who killed the first 2 of her chicks that hatched so I put the remaining eggs into the incubator. I had only one hatch. She is very lonely! I am in Concord and could pick up
smile.png

frow.gif
Hello!

I live in Manchester and have some TetraLink pullets that are about 10 wks. old. I could spare 1 or 2, if
you want any that are that old.
D.gif
:
yippiechickie.gif

Give me a shout 641-6857

Sabrina
Country girl- stuck in the city

Last edited:
Hi NH Peeps,

To those of you who have not been taken up in the Rapture
wink.png
, does anyone know where I can find a couple of chicks, preferably a dominique or 2 and maybe an ameraucana or EE, or something else with a nice personality. My chickens will be pets who happen to give me eggs. I cannot get the dominiques I ordered with my 3 other day olds chicks that I am getting on Friday. So I am looking for a couple more chicks that are as young as I can get, since I want them as close in age as possible.

Thanks,
Kelly in Rumney

Back
Top Bottom