1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Hampshire!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sandbellie, Jun 11, 2010.

1. NottinghamChicks

NottinghamChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey NH Chicken Lovers, I have a free 1 yr, old broody. Her name is Olive and she is a Brabanter/Silkie mix. She is forever broody and hogs the favorite nest box. The girls are not happy with her so if you want her please let me know. I am in Nottingham which is halfway between Portsmouth and Concord. I may be able to meet you part way depending on your location. She will be happy to raise some babies for you [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  2. NottinghamChicks

Olive has a home! She went to a nice man in Candia to keep his lone hen company [​IMG]

3. serenityNH

serenityNH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Raymond, NH
    YAY Olive!! [​IMG]

4. aceschix

aceschix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Hi all. I have to cut down on the amount of chickies in the grow out pens.

I have some great Pet Quality BLRW hens and roos 12 weeks

Some great Easter Eggeres and Olive eggers 8 weeks

2 Beautiful 8 week Light Brahma cockrells

1 Beautiful Black cochins cockrel

a Bunch of 4-5 week chicks: Marans, Light Brahmas, Cochins and 1 Columbian Wyandotte, BLRW, Welsummer

Readdy ANY time. Please PM me with interest. Thanks

5. hannalice

hannalice Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2010
    Vermont
    Hey all!

Checking in from VT, actually, but I'm right on the border with NH, Brattleboro area. Glad to see some locals! I've got 8 new(ish) chicks, four in the brooder, and four that I just put outside (it's certainly been hot enough!) I am LOVING the Cochins I just bought on Saturday, and can't wait for the rest of the girls to mature, either!

Liz

6. Stoney22

Stoney22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    new hampshire
    i am from concord. im not sure how to post questions as im new to the forum but what are the laws on keeping chickens in concord NH? does anybody know for ducks too?

7. Davlyn

Davlyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Pike , NH
    Quote:Just saw this . Yea Olive !!![​IMG]

8. Davlyn

Davlyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Pike , NH

I always want a broody hen, one that will except any chick I put under her. I have one, but she got a tad picky this yr.But she ended up begging for the babe's, but won't take my newbee's. Oh well

9. serenityNH

serenityNH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Raymond, NH
    Quote:Just call your town hall and ask. It will only take a minute and that way you will be 100% sure on the rules in your specific zone.
    Good Luck!

10. NottinghamChicks

I always want a broody hen, one that will except any chick I put under her. I have one, but she got a tad picky this yr.But she ended up begging for the babe's, but won't take my newbee's. Oh well

Hi Davlyn, Olive was definately not that type of hen. She only wanted eggs and was not very nice to her sister's chicks at times. She just wanted her own little brood I think. She is doing well in her new home and there is only one other chicken that has to tolerate her little "attitude". There is a place for every chicken and now my girls are all back to laying full steam!

~Julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by