New Hampshire!

Pics
Picked up 2 SLW pullets this weekend from the swap in Chichester. Now I need to build
a coop sooner than later but they are cute as heck and doing well.
big_smile.png

Wait until the wife finds out that these were just the first ones.
tongue.png

Hope everyone had a great Easter.

Hi Joe,
They are about 4 weeks or so. I'd like to re purpose some wood that I have. I have a wood platform that
I was thinking of using as the floor that is @ 2' x 6.5' or so. Would that be enough of a footprint for 4 LF breeds?

Rick

Quote:
What is the min. 12 law in NH???

Agway here in Woodsville has no min. Wondering if when preordering through Blue Seal if they adhere to the 12 min too. I've never gone to a TSC but what I read about the chain here I don't want to. Unknowledgeable about breeds they have (as in usually don't even know what is what in their own brooder!) and strict about the 12 min purchase.

Hey all from Woodsville, NH

We had a discuraging hatch with only one making it so picked up some blue Orpingtons to keep her company awaiting the next batch of hatching eggs. Anywho, next month I'll have 6 week old blue Orps (1 definite roo, will sell as breeding group) and possibly extra blue black splash Plymouth Rocks for sale. Send a PM if you are interested.

Last edited:
I have two beautiful 3 month old bantam cochin roosters if anyone is interested. They are mille fleur and have really nice foot feathering. I can't post pictures yet, but if you are interested please pm me and I will send you some.

Laurie

Quote:
It's state law:

RSA 437:15 Sale or Gift of Small Quantities. – Chicks, ducklings, goslings, and rabbits younger than 4 weeks of age shall not be sold or offered for sale; raffled; or offered or given as a prize, premium, or advertising device, in quantity of less than 12 birds or animals to an individual person.
Source. 1985, 72:1, eff. July 1, 1985.

So it isn't an option for the stores, if they are selling less they are breaking the law.

Quote:
It's state law:

RSA 437:15 Sale or Gift of Small Quantities. – Chicks, ducklings, goslings, and rabbits younger than 4 weeks of age shall not be sold or offered for sale; raffled; or offered or given as a prize, premium, or advertising device, in quantity of less than 12 birds or animals to an individual person.

So it isn't an option for the stores, if they are selling less they are breaking the law.

Yes, I realize that.
I mentioned the state law and pretty much got laughed at and felt like an idiot for mentioning anything. I was at the Made in NH expo a few weeks ago and was talking to the Blue Seal people about it and they made me feel like a idiot too. They told me it's not like they are committing a federal crime and that their is no one regulating the rules so they made it sound like it's no big deal?
I figured I'd just keep my mouth shut from now on
hide.gif

Quote:
It's state law:

Yes, I realize that.
I mentioned the state law and pretty much got laughed at and felt like an idiot for mentioning anything. I was at the Made in NH expo a few weeks ago and was talking to the Blue Seal people about it and they made me feel like a idiot too. They told me it's not like they are committing a federal crime and that their is no one regulating the rules so they made it sound like it's no big deal?
I figured I'd just keep my mouth shut from now on
hide.gif

No, you did right. It's not a big deal until they get caught
roll.png
, and the State has started watching what is going on with the swaps and such. It's getting too big for them not to notice. It's only a matter of time before they start spot checking the stores. IMO, better to be safe than sorry.

Quote:
What is the min. 12 law in NH???

Agway here in Woodsville has no min. Wondering if when preordering through Blue Seal if they adhere to the 12 min too. I've never gone to a TSC but what I read about the chain here I don't want to. Unknowledgeable about breeds they have (as in usually don't even know what is what in their own brooder!) and strict about the 12 min purchase.

Hey all from Woodsville, NH

We had a discuraging hatch with only one making it so picked up some blue Orpingtons to keep her company awaiting the next batch of hatching eggs. Anywho, next month I'll have 6 week old blue Orps (1 definite roo, will sell as breeding group) and possibly extra blue black splash Plymouth Rocks for sale. Send a PM if you are interested.

Last yr I bought 3 chicks from Agway in N. Haverhill ( woodsville ) I did not pre order, Dana said he always gets a few more.. If U R near Us. check with Dana
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom