New Hampshire!

Hi everyone! I'm in Brentwood (next to Exeter)!

I just had a necropsy done on my first hen to die. Turns out she died of sepsis, secondary to a Prosthogonimus macrorchis, the oviduct fluke of poultry, infection. Anyone else dealt with this? I'm working with an avian vet who is reviewing the necropsy report. Apparently there is no treatment, but usually they don't die from it. We have tons of dragonflies and slugs around, which makes sense. I'm hoping the rest of my hens are strong enough to live with them without complications!

Hi everyone!  I'm in Brentwood (next to Exeter)!

I just had a necropsy done on my first hen to die.  Turns out she died of sepsis, secondary to a Prosthogonimus macrorchis, the oviduct fluke of poultry, infection.  Anyone else dealt with this?  I'm working with an avian vet who is reviewing the necropsy report.  Apparently there is no treatment, but usually they don't die from it.  We have tons of dragonflies and slugs around, which makes sense.  I'm hoping the rest of my hens are strong enough to live with them without complications!

Sorry for your loss! I just did some googling as I had not heard of that. Hope the rest of your flock does well. Ps, we are practically neighbors I'm in Danville!

Thanks, Danville neighbor!

The bummer is that we have had a severe drop in egg production. We were getting 8-10 eggs/day out of 10 hens, and now it's 2-3/day. It doesn't help that we have an egg-eater too! Darn chickens (though we do LOVE them!)!!!

Thanks, Danville neighbor!

The bummer is that we have had a severe drop in egg production. We were getting 8-10 eggs/day out of 10 hens, and now it's 2-3/day. It doesn't help that we have an egg-eater too! Darn chickens (though we do LOVE them!)!!!
build a roll out nest box so the eggs can't be eaten

Does anyone have a Pekin Drake preferably in the north part of NH. I live by Berlin NH so if anyone can help me please pm me or give me a shout! I am also looking for a Muscovy Hen!

Back
Top Bottom