New Hampshire!

I have 10 older birds 8 hens other than the babies. One looks just like the babies I have she lays mint green eggs. Her "ear lobe" is the same color. I have no idea if that is a way to really tell but maybe the others will pitch in. If there was a real way to tell my guess is I would have found it. I am in the EE group, ameraucana group etc. There is no way to really tell before they are mature as far as I know. I will see what I have for photos.

I have 10 older birds 8 hens other than the babies. One looks just like the babies I have she lays mint green eggs. Her "ear lobe" is the same color. I have no idea if that is a way to really tell but maybe the others will pitch in. If there was a real way to tell my guess is I would have found it. I am in the EE group, ameraucana group etc. There is no way to really tell before they are mature as far as I know. I will see what I have for photos.

What town are you in? I'm in Haverhill, MA right on the Plaistow NH border.

This is what the little munchkins look like. The minty green eggs are from the EE who looks just like them (when she had her saddle feathers). She is a fav of our roosters. I have been told my roosters have a high chance of producing blue and or olive eggers. But one is rough and stressing me out. He does not like the girls hanging with me instead of him. He is a good watcher and takes care of his ladies but wont let my kids or me near our favorites when loose. He will be processed as nobody wants a boss man. Willing to meet halfway

Attachments

• 20170922_112326.jpg
    20170922_112326.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 9
  • 20170825_165126.jpg
    20170825_165126.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 9
  • 20171118_110505.jpg
    20171118_110505.jpg
    664.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20171118_110514.jpg
    20171118_110514.jpg
    859 KB · Views: 9
This is what the little munchkins look like. The minty green eggs are from the EE who looks just like them (when she had her saddle feathers). She is a fav of our roosters. I have been told my roosters have a high chance of producing blue and or olive eggers. But one is rough and stressing me out. He does not like the girls hanging with me instead of him. He is a good watcher and takes care of his ladies but wont let my kids or me near our favorites when loose. He will be processed as nobody wants a boss man. Willing to meet halfway
Aww :( I'm having an issue where my most beautiful ISA brown is sooooooo mean to my two silkies. I'm going to have to rehome her (let me know if you know anybody.)
Yours are pretty! I can't take the chance of adding a rooster to my flock without knowing. Also, it seems like the birds i raise from being tiny are sweeter to me than those i get as adolescents.

I have a friend who is interested in multiple birds. He asked me to confirm if there are some that you are looking to give away. If so how many. And out of those if you happen to know the gender. Thank you :)

The babies were ordered as all pullets. They are 13 weeks. I have been looking for cockerel signs just in case but have not observed any differences in feathering, height, comb etc. I never expected to have so many. My dad originally wanted 8-10 of this batch so I can definately part w a few. Feel free to PM me.

Anyone here want a large lavender orpington rooster? He’s about 6 1/2 months old. He’s a really good boy and I hate to get rid of him, but I have little use for him. The coop is a little cramped with 17 birds. He has no problem with me handling him and he actually doesn’t crow that much although that may be because he has no competition. I’d like him to go to a place where he can watch over his own girls. He has been passive to the original flock of 9 girls, but they have been accepting him more. He’s been doing a good job of finding food while free ranging and signaling the girls to come check it out. He’s ultra aware of anything that flies too...even microscopic jets cruising at 37000ft.

Back
Top Bottom