New HatchKeeper Software Release.

A little research reveals that it is unlikely that HatchKeeper would run on Arduino, since it has a totally different setup.

There are several Arduino incubator tutorials available already, including one by another member of this forum. I think these are neat.

Anyway Thanks!
Mill J

Well I just released a development version of HatchKeeper with several new features.
Note: Since this version is for testing only, I only built the portable versions for both Windows and Linux.

So here's what was added:
1: Export Calendar,
Just double-click a batch and click export calendar, then select a folder where you want to save the file and HatchKeeper will create a file with the same name as your batch + .ics. This file can then be imported to Google Calendar via a web-browser, Note: this will add events but no notifications are preset, so everybody can choose when to remind themselves.

While I only tested uploading to Google Calendar, the calendar file might work with other calendars that support iCal standards. If it does/doesnt, let me know
@Tabasco Jack I hope this helps. Let me know...

The next feature is if you select/click a batch it's dates get highlighted on the HatchKeeper Calendar.

You can download the latest version here https://sourceforge.net/projects/hatchkeeper/files/HatchKeeper/v0_60_1-development/

Since this release is just for feedback on new features the manual hasn't been updated yet.

Thanks
Mill J

Just downloaded your new update since I'm starting a hatch today.
I did the calendar export and it only imported 3 out of 4 items. I did not import the candling reminder.
Thanks for the feedback. This feature is still rather new, so bugs might exist, hopefully we can get them resolved.
Did you have the candle reminder set in HatchKeeper? If this problem persists, could you send me a copy of the .ics file that doesn't work(it's a text file that you can open with any text editor). You can find my email on the HatchKeeper Home Page https://hatchkeeper.sourceforge.io

Btw, it's still a little early to start hatching where I live, I'm almost jealous ; ) Good Luck!

Just downloaded your new update since I'm starting a hatch today.
I did the calendar export and it only imported 3 out of 4 items. I did not import the candling reminder.
Actually you might not have to send that file after all, If you could open that file (in notepad, etc) that caused the problem and find the 4 lines that start with UID: and post those lines it would be a big help.
Thanks
-mill-j

Many Thanks!
I found the problem, the UID generator that generates the UID out of batch dates needs improving.
However to fix your problem right now, open that ics file in notepad, find the very last line that starts with UID: (11 lines from bottom) and add any number(0-9) or letter to the end that line, save it and try it again.

Let me know if this works/doesn't work. What's happening is the candle date and the hatch date somehow got the same UID there for hatch overwrites candle.

I can release a development version that fixes this bug, if you want me too. Note: It is fairly easy to transfer batches, schedules, reminders and settings from one version to another.

Back
Top Bottom