New HatchKeeper Software Release.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mill-j, Dec 3, 2017.

1. mill-j

mill-j Songster

Aug 22, 2017
    Hello everybody.
    I've just released a new version of HatchKeeper, The Open Source Egg Incubation Tracking Software. This software is completely free and you can modify and copy under the terms of https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.txt

To see what it's capable of and how to install/use download the manual here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ha...r/v0.60/HatchKeeper_v0_60_Manual.pdf/download

When your ready to try it download here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hatchkeeper/files/HatchKeeper/v0.60/

I hope somebody finds this software useful.

Mill J

ChickenCanoe, oolyboolu and Dr.T like this.
  2. mill-j

mill-j Songster

Aug 22, 2017
    Here are a couple screenshots: HatchKeeperOnWindows.PNG
    This is HatchKeeper running on Windows.

HatchKeeperOnLinux.PNG
    And this one is Running on Linux.

I forgot to mention, I also have a build for RaspberryPi 3 devices, in case anybody uses one for incubation monitoring. Download Linux arm version.

I don't support Macintosh yet. Hopefully sometime... But if you're a programmer you should be able to build it from source without to much trouble.

If you see any bugs(software problems) please report them using one of the 3 methods on the home page https://hatchkeeper.sourceforge.io/

The same goes for the Manual. If you see a typo or would like to see something added to make it easier for other to understand. Just let me know.

Have a Good Day!
    Mill-J

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  3. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Pullarius

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop
    Nicely done! :bow

KikisGirls likes this.
  4. mill-j

mill-j Songster

Aug 22, 2017
    Thanks!
    I have fun developing it. And I'm looking for more ideas and improvements to add in future updates, Of course I can't guarantee it will be added but I'll consider.

I also had fun designing the graphics and icons. All of the egg icons you see in this app are actual pictures of eggs from our chickens :)

bj1960 and Texas Kiki like this.
  5. Tabasco Jack

Tabasco Jack Songster

Jan 20, 2013
    Draketown, GA
    Just downloaded your program. Look's pretty good. I'll be trying it this next year when I start hatching.
    I do like that you included various bird species. That is very helpful to me.
    Would it be possible to add a direct link to Google Calendar?

KikisGirls and mill-j like this.
  6. mill-j

mill-j Songster

Aug 22, 2017
    Thanks for the suggestion! I've never used very many Google apps, so I've never even thought of this. However I see a big advantage in being able to sync HatchKeeper with Goggle Calander, this would virtually eliminate the need for a Android port. Will add to the ToDo list.

I do need to work on the calander, so far most of my work has been the automatic calculation features and the calander has been neglected so far. Currently it's just for reference since all the reminders are displayed in the reminder dialog and if you have the hatchkeeperd background process set up, you'll get a pop-up reminder.

KikisGirls likes this.
  7. Kenny_

Kenny_ Songster

Oct 13, 2017
    Georgia, USA
    Would love a mac version! I'm no programmer, however. lol Looks great! Kudos to you!

KikisGirls and mill-j like this.
  8. mill-j

mill-j Songster

Aug 22, 2017
    Thanks! , A Mac version is on the ToDo list. However i don't have the hardware necessary to build it just yet. I hope to support it soon.

KikisGirls likes this.
  9. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Crossing the Road

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Good job and thanks for doing this. Will there be support for Arduino as well?

KikisGirls likes this.
  10. mill-j

mill-j Songster

Aug 22, 2017
    KikisGirls and ChickenCanoe like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: